Sign in to follow this  
tjhunt2

Lexie's New Friend

Came home from work tonight and my wife informs me we have a new resident. Someone dropped off a bunny in our yard and Lexie thinks she needs to mother it. I can't believe how tame this bunny is and so young. Peg put it in the bath tub and Lexie jumped in with it and started licking it like a mother would. Peg wants to keep it but it's going bye bye. Anyone want a nice rabbit for a pet? It's a very young rabbit and very tame.

post-1903-0-25675100-1403596020_thumb.jpg

I"m not sure why Lexie wants to mother this rabbit but she is very protective of it and she has never seen a rabbit before.

Anyone want to give their kids a pet?

TJ

• Like 2

Ilene, does Bo need a playmate? :wub:

TJ

TJ, I would hold onto it at least until your hunts are over. What you have right there is 4, count them, 4 lucky rabbits feet. You can't go wrong with 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

• Like 10

If you're any where near the North valley I'll take it off your hands. My 5 yr old already has one that could use some company.

If you're any where near the North valley I'll take it off your hands. My 5 yr old already has one that could use some company.

el diablo.....I'm located in Mesa. Mesa Drive / US 60

Jimmyc.....not a bad idea. My wife is getting to attached to this bunny. If she names it I'm in trouble. :(

TJ

• Like 1

When we were kids, we saw Elmer Fudd setting traps for Bugs on tv, using a box propped up by a stick with a carrot attached, so we gave it a try. Traps were always later found tripped with a thank you note inside from Bugs and our carrots half eaten (we had a mean teenager down the road whom delighted in torturing us little kids).

Parents taught us not to be quitters, so we kept setting the traps. One day, lifted up the boxes and there were two Fleming Giants under there. Wow how did those get there (parents playing a trick on said teenager)?

Folks told us to go down the road and show off our bunnies to the teen, IN HER FACE! Unfortunately, the adults didn't teach us kids how to safely handle Flemish Giants beforehand (these bunnies were as big as us and better armed), so on the way to the malcontents house, the rabbits nearly chewed our arms and faces off and made a serious attempt to disembowel us with their hind feet. By the time we got to the teens door, we were bloody and shredded, having turned loose the prized bunnies. :wacko:

• Like 1

When we were kids, we saw Elmer Fudd setting traps for Bugs on tv, using a box propped up by a stick with a carrot attached, so we gave it a try. Traps were always later found tripped with a thank you note inside from Bugs and our carrots half eaten (we had a mean teenager down the road whom delighted in torturing us little kids).

Parents taught us not to be quitters, so we kept setting the traps. One day, lifted up the boxes and there were two Fleming Giants under there. Wow how did those get there (parents playing a trick on said teenager)?

Folks told us to go down the road and show off our bunnies to the teen, IN HER FACE! Unfortunately, the adults didn't teach us kids how to safely handle Flemish Giants beforehand (these bunnies were as big as us and better armed), so on the way to the malcontents house, the rabbits nearly chewed our arms and faces off and made a serious attempt to disembowel us with their hind feet. By the time we got to the teens door, we were blody and shredded, having turned loose the prized bunnies. :wacko:

I think I saw that in a Monty Python movie once.

TJ

Roger's half way there, he could swing down and start building the farm animals back up!!

Folks told us to go down the road and show off our bunnies to the teen, IN HER FACE! Unfortunately, the adults didn't teach us kids how to safely handle Flemish Giants beforehand (these bunnies were as big as us and better armed), so on the way to the malcontents house, the rabbits nearly chewed our arms and faces off and made a serious attempt to disembowel us with their hind feet. By the time we got to the teens door, we were bloody and shredded, having turned loose the prized bunnies. :wacko:

That's a great story Edge. This bunny is so tamed it just wants to cuddle up next to ya.

Mike.....this little bunny has Roger written all over it. It might freak out if it ever gets in the house and sees all those mounts. :lol: :lol:

TJ

• Like 1

TJ

TJ, I told you.....I don't want no stinking bunny!!! :lol: Plus, Bo would eat it in a heartbeat :blink:

Mike.....this little bunny has Roger written all over it. It might freak out if it ever gets in the house and sees all those mounts. :lol: :lol:

TJ

Bo still wakes up from a naps and freaks out at all the mounts! :P :lol: :D

post-647-0-64539500-1403636395_thumb.jpg

TJ

attachicon.gifIMG_0063.JPG

Awesome to say the least. :)

TJ

TJ

IMG_0063.JPG

Wow