standman

Unit 1/3b fire

New fire in unit 1 and 3b. I'm working at Vernon fire department will post more info when I get it.

Brian

post-102-0-41286900-1403814179_thumb.jpg

With this 40 mph winds you can kiss the green's peak area good by. Started on the Apache Res.

standman this can't be to much of a birthday present. sorry bud. Happy Birthday !

whiting boy scout ranch and possibly greens peak hideaway seem to be in the path.

http://www.wmicentral.com/news/apache_county/updated-new-san-juan-fire-starts-in-apache-county-p/article_b6a70bee-fd6f-11e3-a407-0019bb2963f4.html

started at san juan flat-i have camped many times just north of there at porter spring. horn huntin' country.

lee

Yeah heck of a birthday present. We can see flames coming up over different ridges from the fire department. Not looking good.

Brian

from my backyard with 10x bino's i just watched one of the superjumbo tankers make a drop-boy those suckers are big and it is disconcerting to watch them fly into the terrain and behind a mountain(lake mtn). and i am 25 miles away. it headed right back to williams gateway at high speed!

lee

That's the only big piece of Unit 1 that didn't burn in the Wallow. They did a bunch of thinning in there so hopefully that will help.

• Like 1

We were headed to Greens Peak to camp over the 4th and hit the archery tournament. Looks like we better come up with plan B. I am hearing there was a big boy scout campout where the fire started?

• Like 1

We'll be there end of July I hope they don't shut the area down and get this under control

My cousin is with the crew there. For those of you familiar with the area, the fire has reached he whiting homestead

My cousin is with the crew there. For those of you familiar with the area, the fire has reached he whiting homestead

Wow, that's pretty much the base of Greens Peak.