Been seeing a lot more doves this year than last year, but it usually doesn't matter cuz they all seem to vanish once sept 1 comes around. But anyways been waiting to see updates from azgfd, since they seem to change the boundary every year and ran across this. Thats going to be a whole lot of jalepeno poppers this year

Dove Hunting in Arizona

2014-15 Season is set, with new bag limits

The Arizona Game and Fish Commission approved new bag limits for dove season.

Hunters are now allowed 15, that's right, fifteen mourning dove per day! The limit on white-winged dove is still 10 birds. This new increase also affects the possession limit to 3 days' worth, 45 birds, of which no more than 30 can be white-winged doves.

The season opens September 1 and runs through September 15, 2014.

Get ready! It's going to be a blast!

• Like 7

Thanks for the heads-up!

Dove season is always a favorite of mine. Always has kind of been the 'kick off' for the Fall's hunting season for me! The last few years have been made that much more fun now that I have three teens that like to get in on the action. Always a hoot to see them go through boxes of shells trying to bring down those little gray rockets! ;)

S.

:)

I didn't buy my migratory bird stamp for this year because I bought my 2014 license online for the Javi hunt and usually get the bird stamp with it, but with the price changes and confusion (didn't want to accidently buy another 2013-2014 bird stamp)I opted out and figured I would buy it later.
Is it the same thing like the waterfowl stamp you slap on your license? Or is it another piece of paper?

I didn't buy my migratory bird stamp for this year because I bought my 2014 license online for the Javi hunt and usually get the bird stamp with it, but with the price changes and confusion (didn't want to accidently buy another 2013-2014 bird stamp)I opted out and figured I would buy it later.

Is it the same thing like the waterfowl stamp you slap on your license? Or is it another piece of paper?

I think if you buy it at a dealer, it will be an actual 'stamp/sticker' that you stick to the back of your license similar to the waterfowl. If you buy it on-line, it is a seperate piece of paper that you print-off and carry along with your license.

S.

:)

How does AZGF treat these collared doves?

Yep, 3 cases of 20 ga 6shot ought to do it... "in other news, shotgun shells are back ordered 4 months...."

How does AZGF treat these collared doves?

kill them all, just be sure its collared.

I find they are a little tougher to penetrate with 7 1/2 shot so I keep a few #6's if they're out at 30 yards.

I didn't buy my migratory bird stamp for this year because I bought my 2014 license online for the Javi hunt and usually get the bird stamp with it, but with the price changes and confusion (didn't want to accidently buy another 2013-2014 bird stamp)I opted out and figured I would buy it later. [/size]

Is it the same thing like the waterfowl stamp you slap on your license? Or is it another piece of paper?[/size]

The 2014/2015 Stamp probably is available now. I think they run June to June.

unlimited limit......hmmmmm.

• Like 1

The skies are full of those gray ghosts, haven't shot them since the '70's but I want to if I can find ammo.

Me and a buddy went riding a few months ago and for hours were flushing quail. For hours I don't think we were once without quail all around us.