Sign in to follow this  
Couzer

Bruno's has Retumbo

A buddy just told me Bruno's has 50 one pounders of retumbo in, just a FYI.

Anyone else get pissed every time they buy powder at Bruno's? I am usually in absolute need, So I regrettably spend the money they want. Since this powder shortage, I have found that I can buy the stuff cheaper online including the HAZMAT fees, than I can at Bruno's.

I am all for supporting local stores, but his mark ups are ridiculous!!!

• Like 1

Usually h4831 is around $36-37$ plus tax at Brunos. Online or at sportsmans, you can find it for $28-$31. I think either this is the main reason they usually have the most powder in stock in the valley or the fact that they are a small shop and not known by most.

Yeah that is a little pricey for sure. Kinda stinks they are charging those prices. Just thought some might need it being hunting season around the corner. Didn't know they were charging those prices.

Not a real big fan of Lester, but from what I understand the reason that he has powder when the others don't, is that he will pay the suppliers more to get it. Not to say that he isn't gouging the heck out of us shooters. Last year I stopped at a Grafs store just outside of St. Louis, bought 2pounds of Varget for 28.00 each with tax, Bruno was selling it then for 34.00 plus tax.

• Like 1

I just left there. Might be higher in price, but if you order online for $26/lb., delivered price to your door is the same as Bruno's, and takes a couple days to get here.

Not that I like paying higher prices, but better than doing without in my opinion. And if you build a relationship with them, they will even let you know when a certain powder you have been searching for for two years finally comes in stock.

They have a ton in stock right now. IMR, Hodgdon, VV, Alliant, Accurate.

im hoping this powder, primer, bullet shortage is coming to an end....seems alot of people have morenow

Supply and demand...one of the only ways everyone will stop hoarding is when the price is so high you say to yourself...I guess I have enough I don't need to mortgage my home to buy .22's....and no I'm not in favor of price gouging but I am in favor of a free market...not one controlled by the government...

I saw cheap .22....at $10 a box of 50 up here a few months ago...only time in the last 2 years i walked away from them.

• Like 2