jamaro

Favorite .300 Win Mag Loads

Hello Everybody...

We are trying to book a rifle hunt in Mexico this year and I want to work-up a killer Coues load for my Sako... Does anybody have any pet loads for a .300 Win Mag?

Also, does anybody have any links for Reloading Forums..

Once again thank you...

J-

I have a awesome load that shoots out of my 300 but just because it drives tacks out of my gun does not mean it will do the same out of yours. I will get the powder and primer info when I get home. I know iam using 180 ballistic tips off the top of my head.

Like longshooter said, you'll have to find something that works well in your gun. I shoot 73.5 grains of IMR 4350 with Federal match grade primers with 150 grain Nosler Partitions for Coues deer. They shoot great out of my gun but not my hunting partners. Start at the bottom end of the reloading data and work your way up in 0.5 grain increments of powder and plan on doing a lot of benchrest shooting to get it figured out.

Good luck,

Kevin

I like the Hornady custom 165 btsp. I have a Rem 700 For factory loads they shoot real nice in my rifle.

azyoung

Thanks for the info... I am just looking for a place to get started.. I am getting a reloading kit for my B-day.. I have a bunch of reloading books that I got as a door prize... I currently shot the Hornady Heavy Mags and they are okay but I am just looking for something better... :)

180 accubonds are what i would look at. i shoot 140 accubonds out of my 7RUM and 270wsm. great bullets, great accuracy (out of the rifles ive seen shoot them)

I dont shoot a win mag. But I do shoot a 300wsm and the bullets that I am sold on now are 150gr Barns TSX. They group very good and kill even better. I hit my buck last year at 400 yds and piled him up.

I have been using 72 grains of 4350 with 165 Sierra boattails out of my Browning a bolt. Its a little hot, but very accurate. I tried quite a few loads before this one showed the best accuracy. I was getting 3250 fps out of the barrel. I wouldn't use this load if you are closer than 150 yards. The bullet with disinigrate on contact, but will drop a deer faster than you can dam that hurt my shoulder. Make sure you have a muzzle break and good recoil pad when you are working up some loads. David