Gut Pile

I drew 12A west 10/24-11/02!!! Scouting Services?

I'm stoked to have drawn a tag for Kiabab 12A West rifle tag 10/24-11/2 with father!!!! So excited. With work and & my 1st baby on the way I won't be able to make the drive and do some scouting. Took me 15yrs to draw this tag and want to make the most of it. Can anyone recommend a good scouting service with good packages? Thanks, Gut Pile

• Like 1

Congrats. The deer are spread out throughout the whole plateau. Its hard to scout early. Bucks should still be in batchlor groups. I have seen years with early weather where the deer are already down to Sowats. Would be happy to show you some great spots on a map. Weather is a factor. Hard freezes up top will also start migration. Send me a PM if I can help. All depends on what kind of Buck you are looking for.

• Like 2

15 years for the early hunt?

My thoughts exactly. That hunt is a guaranteed draw with 7 points and greater than 65% odds with 6 points. A wait of 15 years with no deer tag would give you more than max points for deer, and any tag you want in the state.

My thoughts exactly. That hunt is a guaranteed draw with 7 points and greater than 65% odds with 6 points. A wait of 15 years with no deer tag would give you more than max points for deer, and any tag you want in the state.

Seems like he's excited to have a Kiabab tag. Looks like he's looking for advice, and not snarky comments.......

Sorry Gut Pile, but I don't know of any scouting services personally. Maybe check with Duane Adams though. He could possibly help or maybe give you a referral.

Good luck on yah hunt AND with the new baby!

S.

:)

• Like 4

Any Kaibab tag is a great tag. If you hunt hard on the early ones you can harvest a great Buck. Gutpile, you have a great tag. Wish I had it other than the one I drew..... NONE

Right on Stanley ! Im witch ya. When I say " Im Witch ya" I mean Im Witch ya.

post-10954-0-66505400-1406225456.jpg

I've never looked into any scouting services. My thought was how many other hunters are buying the same info and is it truly accurate.

Good luck on the hunt and look forward to your story and trophy pics.

• Like 1

Maybe he drew other tags as a 2nd choice during those 15 years.

That's exactly what happened drew some Coues tags but always had Kiabab as 1st choice. Killed a few Coues but have never tagged a Muley. So I'm pretty excited.

Seems like he's excited to have a Kiabab tag. Looks like he's looking for advice, and not snarky comments.......

Sorry Gut Pile, but I don't know of any scouting services personally. Maybe check with Duane Adams though. He could possibly help or maybe give you a referral.

Good luck on yah hunt AND with the new baby!

Thanks Stanley! I'm very excited about this hunt with my dad. I've drawn tags for Coues deer and killed a few but always Kiabab as 1st choice. Finally drew and now want to make the of it. Its 8 hour drive for to get but with my nearly 6 moths prego I won't be able to some scouting, so I'm searching advice or scouting service recommendations! Thanks again Stanley! Gut Pile

S.

:)

Duwane Adams has a map service that really helps and saves you a ton of gas money. Give him a call at 520-385-4995. He has guided the Kaibab for years and really knows the area. The early hunt is tougher to know what will be going on, because most likely we wont have weather. Last couple of years have been different, so you kinda need to see what is going on with the weather the closer to the hunt we get. As an example, in 2012 we shot bucks on top and on bottom during the late hunt. The deer were spread out all over.

Congrats. The deer are spread out throughout the whole plateau. Its hard to scout early. Bucks should still be in batchlor groups. I have seen years with early weather where the deer are already down to Sowats. Would be happy to show you some great spots on a map. Weather is a factor. Hard freezes up top will also start migration. Send me a PM if I can help. All depends on what kind of Buck you are looking for.

. I will certainly PM You once o get my flatline map. And I really do appreciate the help my friend!