willhunt4coues

Savage 11 LRH 6.5 creedmoor w/Valdada

How practical is this caliber for someone who does not reload?

Hornady makes match ammo for the creedmoor at good prices. It doesn't shoot as good as reloads from mine but far above average!

This gun will produce 1/2 to 3/4 moa with factory loads. Hornady, nosler, and winchester all make loaded factory ammo from around 22.00 to 30.00

That is a smoking deal. And a great gun and caliber. I've been thinking about building a Creedmore out of a Savage .243 youth my son used when he was younger.... That should be a serious Deer Slayer. I friend of the family had his 12 year old daughter shoot a 320 bull, in WY, with a Creedmore last year. Worked fine on that too.

With the numbers I have you can easily take an elk at 850 yards with this rifle and would not hesitate since i practice at this yardage all the time. I get about 2850 fps with factory and reloads.

Again I have all load work up on this gun.

• Like 1

With the numbers I have you can easily take an elk at 850 yards with this rifle and would not hesitate since i practice at this yardage all the time. I get about 2850 fps with factory and reloads.

Again I have all load work up on this gun.

I think Wayne Van Zwoll did pretty much exactly that on video, then wrote an article on the 6.5 Creedmore... Sweet round and fun to shoot.

How does this gun shoot the 139gr Supraformance Ammo?

I shot the coyote with the 129 grain sst (They don't make a 139 gn sst). Anyways I have hit 2975 fps with some of the 129 sst and most boxes are at 2950 fps.

There is some guys over seas that are using the amax to take goats at 900 to 1000 yards and they amax are out performing the bergers. Go figure. here is the link

http://www.ballisticstudies.com/Knowledgebase/Wound+Database/6.5mm+-+Hornady+A-Max.html

Sorry for the typo... I have been looking at load data for my wife's 7X57, so must have brain farted on the 139gr... 129gr SST should be a really good deer round. I have heard of people having some consistency problems with the factory Supraformance loads, and wondered how they shot in your gun.

If you buy the same lot # you should have great consistency but when you change lots thats when numbers change.

The 6.5 Creedmoor is known for its accuracy, precision, recoil like a 22/250, and long range capabilities. Believe it or not this gun out performed my Model 10 6.5 creedmoor. I believe it is the barrel length difference. I could not get my mod 10 to do any better than 3/4 inch and the model 11 at 1/4 inch so thats why I rebuilt my model 10.

I am in the process of building another. I was going to use the model 11 to build but would rather sell then completely rip apart a gun that shoots great.