stanley

Jr. Javelina Hunt 2007

Well, I had another great weekend with the kids! Some of you may have already seen this on Terry's board.... ;)

Started-out by heading-up to 20C for the Jr. Javelina hunt onThursday evening. We camped at the ADA Camp, and once again were treated to great hospitality & generosity through-out our hunt! We owe HUGE props to the helpers at the ADA camp for the help in the area (one helper in particular who helped us 'scout/glass' this pig will remain nameless/faceless since I don't have his permission to post). Anyway, we had a good time glassing on Friday morning and one of our friends spotted a heard at 600 yds or so. We got down to them but lost them in the big boulders & brush. It is AMAZING how those things can become invisible in those granite boulders & thick brush! Anyway, we finally bumped them after moving slowly with the wind in our favor. They weren't holding still too well as they were nervously moving away, but our 'helper' woofed a bit and that slowed the last few down. One well placed shot & it was done!

Erik and his pig!

2007ErikJrPig.jpg

It was awesome that Erik got his pig on Friday late in the morning, as it allowed is to spend the rest of the day relaxing and glassing for our buddy who had yet to tag-out. It was also a good thing, because I was double-booked with DAD duties this weekend! I had to be in Prescott on Saturday afternoon for a father/daughter pine-car derby event. It was an over-niter that went until Sunday morning. Anyway, we had a good time. No first place race finish, but she did get a trophy for the 'best decals'! ;)

Greta and her car & tropy (She said that she want's to shoot a javelina when she's old enough!)

IMG_0535-copy.jpg

Next-up is turkeys in May!

S.

:)

Congrats to Erik on his javelina and Greta on her trophy! Glad you were able to squeeze it all into one weekend.

Ron

Sounded like a great weekend! Congrats Erik great pig :P and congrats Greta cool car :P !!

Man what a Dad ;)

azyoung

Stanley, congrats to your boy. I don't have any boys but I have done the pinewood derby cars with my younger daughter a couple times. The boys don't like it much when a girl shows up and beats them.

I said it once and I will say it again. Congrats on another pig Erik. You now have killed more pigs than me and I got a few years on ya.

Ssssssssssssssssswwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttttttttttttttttttt

ttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Sweet)

Thanks for all of the nice comments folks. I sure treasure the times out with the kids....

Good luck in the elk & goat draws all!

S.

:)