Coues Stew

Heck of a day at Saguaro!

Went to Saguaro Lake for the first time last weekend to pre-fish for the TBA night tourney next week. We didnt have very much luck fishing at night but in the middle of the day, before we got drenched by the rain, I put my personal best in the boat at 5.1lbs, and a half our later smashed it with a 6.5. Also caught some in 3-4 lb range. Awesome Trip. Saw some nice Rams too.

post-8804-0-66232300-1407172728.jpg

post-8804-0-92055500-1407172739.jpg

post-8804-0-72244700-1407172755.jpg

• Like 5

Congratulations on topping your best and good luck in the up coming tournament. Them are some really healthy lookin fish. Thanks for sharing. Makes me want to shake off the cobb webbs and head for the lake. :)

TJ

I've never really fished these southern lakes. Always been a northern trout man. Looks like I might need to give it a try. Any pointers for a southern waters newbie???

I've never really fished these southern lakes. Always been a northern trout man. Looks like I might need to give it a try. Any pointers for a southern waters newbie???

Look up how to throw a drop shot rig. And fish with Roboworms(Really any color get em anywhere) in 10 to 30 foot of water where vegetation meets rocks.... U cant go wrong with that its my go to when in doubt and im sure many other desert anglers feel the same. My biggest one here was a dropshot fish, the other two I was swimming a bluegill color swim jig and ripping it through the grass with a crawdad trailor

Wheres the kitty?

HAHA I honestly was wearin it at some point but we got Stuck out in a huge storm and I changed clothes. then all those fish turned on after.