Sign in to follow this  
naturebob

Dbacks tough to watch!

Displaced from Az. there isn't alot to do up here in N. Dakota. So I watch the AZ. sports teams. Really hard to digest the Dbacks baseball team this Year. Hopefully Tony Larussa will take over for GM Towers and get some talent in here. Having the Venzuellen National team be 70% of our team was not a good idea No clutch hitters on the team other than Goldshmidt. Lookin forward to Cardinals and Sun devils in football. Should be interesting. Don't know about the Kittycats. Hopefully they hold there own. Suns should be descent again in basketball. ASU, dont expect much. Cats in Hoops if don't make the final 4 this coming year will be a dissapointment. Lottsa talent. Back to baseball , I think Kirk Gibson should go too. They play bad fundamentall baseball. Had to rant watching them get beat 11-1 to KC rite now. What do You guys think? My direct tv bill is high with all the sport and hunting packages, but with 6 months of winter , gotta do it. Thanks..............BOB!

Goldshmidt going down leaves Hill, Montero, Gregorious and Trumbo as the veterans, with Montero having the highest batting average of .255. The others are call ups with even lower averages except Peralta who is turning out to be a solid and the best player after Goldy.

Pitching is the killer though... it's like we have an average triple A team with bad pitching playing in the bigs.

Kent

Perralta might be good with Aj Pollack who's coming back soon, I think they will keep Monterro. Hill I think will be okay if He stays healthy, Trumbo I don't know. They need more power. Then a new pitching coach too. Some of the starters aint been bad but that bullpen is atrocious. Hopefully Corbin can come back next year...........BOB!

I like Gibby, but the records recently have not been impressive.

That paired with there's not much talent on the team. Let's think about it, the last time they were good they had Johnson and Schilling..... talent. They need a big name or two, imho.

• Like 1

Towers needs to go. I sometimes wonder if he is getting paid by another team? I believe he went to the Bidwell school of trading. Trades young talent to get old pitchers. Very hard to watch anymore.

• Like 2

I was watching early this year but stopped. Their starting pitchers would take a lead deep into a game and the the relief guys would just blow the game. It got really hard to watch.

• Like 1

It disgusted me watching Towers trade away all of the young talent for a bunch of has beens that played for him in SD. They wanted to win now and not wait for the talent to develope. Now they are back to square one while all the young talent that left are helping their teams win.

As far as Gibby, I am torn. I like the old school way of playing but I cant stand the way he changes the lieup every single day. How can the hitters stay on a roll if they are on the bench?

• Like 1

I agree 100% with the lineup Shelvin. Not only that, but I never liked goldy hitting third. I would have gone with Prado 3rd, then goldy then miggy, or trumbo when he came back.

Imho, when they traded Steven Drew, out was all over.

• Like 2

Kevin Towers is a joke. Tony LaRussa will be the GM starting the day after the season is over, IMO.