WildHeritageTaxidermy

Bloodtrail dog available for "rent'

Bonecollector777 that part is handled through FS and yes we have talked to them also. I belive we have done our homework and are good to go.

Dale its a good thing you don't already run business and would go the extra mile anyway to make sure everything is legal with the state and game and fish. Seriously this website is getting to the point of not being enjoyable anymore.

If any of you have met dale he just enjoys helping people and would do anything to help recover an animal. I am positive being a business owner and a taxidermist he has to have a few license's and jump through a few hoops. I am sure a 50 year old guy loves being told by a kid how make sure an operation what ever it is is legal or not.

• Like 1

Good to know Dale. Last time I questioned this issue which was many many years ago I was told that a warden would have to be present with you. Thanks for the info.

And again not trying to insult anyone's intelligence. Just keeping an eye out for my fellow CWT members based on my last known information ;)

• Like 2

Bonecollector777 that part is handled through FS and yes we have talked to them also. I belive we have done our homework and are good to go.

Dale its a good thing you don't already run business and would go the extra mile anyway to make sure everything is legal with the state and game and fish. Seriously this website is getting to the point of not being enjoyable anymore.

If any of you have met dale he just enjoys helping people and would do anything to help recover an animal. I am positive being a business owner and a taxidermist he has to have a few license's and jump through a few hoops. I am sure a 50 year old guy loves being told by a kid how make sure an operation what ever it is is legal or not.

I'm pretty sure bonecollector777 was just trying to help the guy out and make sure he wasn't going to get into any trouble. I didn't take it at all that he was "trying to tell him how to run his business" and that "kid" may just know more than you think! Seems to me that bonecollector777 is up to par on the rules and regs and was just trying to help a guy out.

• Like 3

I appreciate everybodys concern, I realize there is alot of confusion around this topic. I did not take offense at anyones posts, and also appreciate that there are people concerned enough to post here, either in warning or in defense of my intelligence.

The purpose of this post is to offer a needed service to hunters who have lost a game animal, I think we all know how that feels, and while the dog is not a guarantee it does extend their options.

• Like 4

Haha I try my best to ignore shedhunteraz's comments . . The poor guy/girl has nothing else to post except when he/she thinks he/she is offending me or someone else. But as AKretschmer already said, the post was never to offend or tell Dale how to do his job or run his new idea. Simply letting him know of something he may not have looked into. I know a lot of guys have posted on this website about offering awesome services to help others but then after game and fish and forest service tells them about all the licenses and permits they need they don't wanna offer the service anymore because it's not worth the hassle. Better to let him know about it than not say anything and him get in trouble. And if he already looked into it (like he did) then he simply tells me he already took care of it (like he did). He doesn't make a childish post and make an idiot out of himself (like you did). If you don't find the site enjoyable anymore because of people trying to help other people not get in trouble PLEASE don't come back. It would be greatly appreciated. But anyway. . Thanks for offering the service dale. I'm sure a lot of people will be needing it.

• Like 3

I think this is great service - I for one would have loved to have this available the year I lost my first elk due to bad shot placement on my part. It happens, it's bow hunting, and anyone who can help recover just one lost animal is doing us all a great service.

For those like BoneCollector777, and others who questioned the legality of it, this has been a gray area in the laws for some time. These guys appreciate the service, and just don't want to see someone doing the right thing get punished because of some oddly written or misconstrued law.

Awesome thing about this post, even where there is disagreement, it's all about hunters having each other's backs.

• Like 2

Perhaps we need to get this in front of the commission for a rule change/clarification. This is clearly a worthwhile service that fills a real need in our sport.

• Like 3

how much to rent the dogs just to hang out at camp and give belly rubs to ha ha jk. My English pointer makes a great sleeping bag heater when its 20 degrees out

Heres a little background on Daisy and why we are offering this service.

We got Daisy a few years ago, her owner had gone through a divorce and was in a position that he couldn't keep her. She was at least 50 lbs overweight and did not even know what her nose was for.

We brought her home and started taking her for walks and along on horseback rides, we also put her on a raw meat diet, she eats roughly 400 lbs of meat, bones and organs a year.

After a while it became apparent that she was a working fool and would trail anything, so we decided to give her a job. Renting her out as a bloodtrail dog seemed the best way for her to do what she was bred for so we started training her in that direction.

The 'price' to rent Daisy is a suggested donation of $75 per day, which will go directly towards her feed bill, we are not looking to make a business out of this just want Daisy to be able to help people out.

• Like 3

Heres a little background on Daisy and why we are offering this service.

We got Daisy a few years ago, her owner had gone through a divorce and was in a position that he couldn't keep her. She was at least 50 lbs overweight and did not even know what her nose was for.

We brought her home and started taking her for walks and along on horseback rides, we also put her on a raw meat diet, she eats roughly 400 lbs of meat, bones and organs a year.

After a while it became apparent that she was a working fool and would trail anything, so we decided to give her a job. Renting her out as a bloodtrail dog seemed the best way for her to do what she was bred for so we started training her in that direction.

The 'price' to rent Daisy is a suggested donation of $75 per day, which will go directly towards her feed bill, we are not looking to make a business out of this just want Daisy to be able to help people out.

Dogs are always happiest when they have a job, it's great you are able to give her one! Plus it's a neat service to provide for hunters.

• Like 1