Sign in to follow this  
Jay Scott

How to Properly Remove Elk Ivories with Steven Rinella and Janis Putelis

Not going to lie, I rolled my eyes when I saw this title. Then I thought hey Jay usually has good stuff and decided to check it out. That's a neat trick. I have been cutting them for years.

Yep, that would save a lot of time.

I was shown this about 4 years ago and it's really slick. Before this was taught me I use to cut and pry and actually broke the tip of one of my favorite knifes. The two cuts make if much easier but not necessary. They will pop right out if hit properly. Thanks Jay for sharing. :)

TJ

I was shown this about 4 years ago and it's really slick. Before this was taught me I use to cut and pry and actually broke the tip of one of my favorite knifes. The two cuts make if much easier but not necessary. They will pop right out if hit properly. Thanks Jay for sharing. :)

TJ

You seem to get lots of practice on elk ivories TJ. You should be good at it ;)

Btian

• Like 2

TJ

You seem to get lots of practice on elk ivories TJ. You should be good at it ;)

Btian

I've had my share that's for sure. Good luck to you and your dad on this coming archery hunt Brian. :)

TJ

Been doing it this way for years, and never cut them first. Small taps work better than one hard whack... lest you have to fish the ivory out of the elk's throat.

Sign in to follow this