Havasuhunter

Healthy recipes?

Better for ya salad dressing

3 tblsp olive oil (i just pour some in bowl by eye)

good pinch salt (Kosher course grade)

good pinch pepper (fresh ground always)

heap of Grey Poupon dejon mustard

couple dashes of red wine or other vinegar

Wisk it up for a bit and your set.

I do most items by eye and feel so I am guessing some on amount

• Like 1

Chia Seed Pudding is an excellent quick morning meal , Low Cal, and boosting with Nutrition and is easy to make ... There are many recipes on line but I usually go ...

1/4 cup Chia Seeds

1 cup Chocolate Almond milk

2 Tsp Local organic honey

1/2 tsp vanilla extract

and sometimes 1/2 tsp cinnamon

Just mix all together and refrigerate over night ... stirring occasionally the first couple hours

Top with 1 ounce Shaved 85% or higher Dark Chocolate and fresh Raspberries

• Like 1

I make the same recipe and it is awesome.

Add berries, gluten free granola, shredded coconut, nuts, whatever to it and it is a great desert or snack.

A couple recent things we ate that are made from prickly pear cactus. First one has roasted and fresh cut prickly pear pads along with grilled pork, hominy and some other veggies. I didn't actually make this soup, it was made by some friends during a prickly pear harvesting class at Boyce Thompson Arboretum.

post-1-0-29046600-1408391407_thumb.jpg

And another snack was this prickly pear smoothie, which was YUMMY! fresh prickly pear juice, yogurt, pineapple juice and overipe bananas. Blended together with ice in a blender. Tastey and fairly healthy, although it can be high in sugar. Good thing prickly pear juice is supposed to be good for moderating blood sugar!

post-1-0-23280500-1408391419_thumb.jpg

Here is one of my new favorite lunches or snacks.

It's thin sliced smoked salmon on cuccumber slices with a little whipped cream cheese and chives. I was doing something similar with crackers and then I thought there must be a way to make it without the extra calories of crackers. So I did sliced cuccumber....it's delicious! I will likely try substituting the cream cheese for avocado or maybe do some with both. I could eat these for breakfast, lunch and dinner! I am a total freak for salmon and cream cheese!

There are only about 100 calories in this plateful.

post-1-0-69045000-1410389908_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-70981100-1410389909_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I made a pumpkin smoothie last night that was yummy!

1 can pumpkin (unsweetened)

2 cups of almond milk (or regular milk or soy milk or whatever you like, could even use water)

1 over ripe banana (I used a frozen one)

some pumpkin pie spice (or nutmeg/cinnamon as you wish)

1 to 2 TBS maple syrup (or whatever sweetener you like)

1 to 2 TBS chia seeds (optional...but adds nutrition and thickens it up if you let it sit)

mix it all up in a blender and drink....very tasty and very filling....great as a desert or breakfast

Lots of nutrition and surprisingly low on calories given how decadent it seems

Fat does not make you fat nor is it bad for your heart.

Sugar, potatoes, flour (even whole wheat), pasta bread, corn, etc makes you fat, raises your blood pressure and causes you to develop diabetes.

Here is one of my new favorite lunches or snacks.

It's thin sliced smoked salmon on cuccumber slices with a little whipped cream cheese and chives. I was doing something similar with crackers and then I thought there must be a way to make it without the extra calories of crackers. So I did sliced cuccumber....it's delicious! I will likely try substituting the cream cheese for avocado or maybe do some with both. I could eat these for breakfast, lunch and dinner! I am a total freak for salmon and cream cheese!

There are only about 100 calories in this plateful.

This is excellent. High fat, moderate protein, almost zero carbs. Avacado AND cream cheese would make it perfect.

Idk if its healthy or not but Ive eaten about 2lbs of deer jerky since Thursday, 1lb of peppered snack sticks, and a lb of summer sausage, lb of cheese, box of ritz crackers. millers did a great job. hardly even been lifting

When my son was first born, I had a lot of spare time. My house in casa Grande was on the market and my wife stayed I'm Tucson. Long story short, I could really focus on diet and exercise.

I found that a 4 egg white, 1 egg omelet with veggies and meat for breakfast, paired with steamed veggies and grilled or broiled meat (usually white meat) meant the best success for me.

• Like 2

When my son was first born, I had a lot of spare time. My house in casa Grande was on the market and my wife stayed I'm Tucson. Long story short, I could really focus on diet and exercise.

I found that a 4 egg white, 1 egg omelet with veggies and meat for breakfast, paired with steamed veggies and grilled or broiled meat (usually white meat) meant the best success for me.

slirvc.png

• Like 1

Since I've posted this I've mostly cut out sugar, dairy and gluten. Probably 75% compliance. I'm down 30lbs now and ready to tackle the tough hunts. Thanks for the input everyone.

• Like 1