Sign in to follow this  
GWH69

Hunting in 19A

Finally after 15 years go a Antelope tag in 19A Muzzie

Wow lots of private property but not discouraged

Have seen lots of bucks

Any comments on Black Mesa herd some good info but have not been there yet

I have the tag also. Have you been their lately or seen the success from the 1st archery hunt? I spent a lot of time in the unit in june/july. So far just about EVERY good buck I seen is dead! My top 5 bucks are for sure gonners! Not looking great for the muzzy hunt

Last yearBlack Mesa had 5 different hunters opening morning... Too small of an area for 5 hunters and their crews. And you know how hunting is now adays, it isn't a good picture unless you have 10 of your buddies(spotters) in the picture... So you can imagine the traffic jam on the only little two track leading into little black Mesa.

We'll shoot come on guys .

Been frigin 15 years from the last Antelope hunt

I'm not given in yet

Herd there were some 19"bucks around

We can do it !!!!!!!!

Only 15 tags in this hunt

Yeah, who knew having an antelope tag could be such a curse. You will do just fine and have a great hunt. I had an archery tag in 01 and have dreamed about going back ever since. This year a I have a ML tag in a neighboring unit. When my card got hit I was hoping it was 19A, as that was my first choice. I have since gotten pretty excited about my hunt and been able to locate several bucks.

Good luck and enjoy every minute.

Dont be discouraged. You have a great tag. There are Plenty of good bucks left as there is EVERY year. Dont get caught up in the so called "high school rumors" on this website. There is no need to get caught up in the drama, especially when its doing something you love. Hunt hard and you will be rewarded

• Like 3

Dont be discouraged. You have a great tag. There are Plenty of good bucks left as there is EVERY year. Dont get caught up in the so called "high school rumors" on this website. There is no need to get caught up in the drama, especially when its doing something you love. Hunt hard and you will be rewarded

don't be discouraged at all. Now a days people worry way to much about every one else is doing. I was in 19a yesterday nowhere near "antelope country" and I saw some great bucks. With no hunters any where around. Last year I scouted during every weekend of every antelope season. Never saw any hunters except the one glassing from every road. Saw some great bucks last year too.
  • Like 2

Sounds like alot of guys have NO IDEA about what's goen on this year and are comparing it to previous years. Not every year is guaranteed to be the like ones prior and this yr isnt looken good!! You can sit in your living room and read the #s and statistics from the last 10yrs but unless you've been out their and spent the hours and seen the bucks then you have no clue. I think a lot of what I'm hearing to is guys seeing alot of "nice" bucks but to a guy who doesn't know how to field judge goats a 74" buck looks big!.... I don't know why everyone's feelings are getting hurt. Your not the ones with the tags. We aren't making this stuff up where just tellen it exactly how it is! You know it's bad when the best 7 bucks you scouted all summer were dead in the 1st of 4 weeks of archery hunters! !!

• Like 3

Sounds like alot of guys have NO IDEA about what's goen on this year and are comparing it to previous years. Not every year is guaranteed to be the like ones prior and this yr isnt looken good!! You can sit in your living room and read the #s and statistics from the last 10yrs but unless you've been out their and spent the hours and seen the bucks then you have no clue. I think a lot of what I'm hearing to is guys seeing alot of "nice" bucks but to a guy who doesn't know how to field judge goats a 74" buck looks big!.... I don't know why everyone's feelings are getting hurt. Your not the ones with the tags. We aren't making this stuff up where just tellen it exactly how it is! You know it's bad when the best 7 bucks you scouted all summer were dead in the 1st of 4 weeks of archery hunters! !!

Sounds like archery is the way to go!

• Like 1

HUNTAZ knows what he is talking about. He has been sending me pics for the last few months of some very nice bucks well into the 80s and all of them have been taken by the archers.

Well if you must know HuntAz i have the second archery season for 19a so i have been out there scouting every weekend. And i dont understand why your getting so focused on everyone else stories. Why cant you just make the best of the hunt. I also have a buddy who lives up in prescott ridge and he is saying there are plenty of big bucks roaming around. Ones that would meet your "80+" standards

Well if you must know HuntAz i have the second archery season for 19a so i have been out there scouting every weekend. And i dont understand why your getting so focused on everyone else stories. Why cant you just make the best of the hunt. I also have a buddy who lives up in prescott ridge and he is saying there are plenty of big bucks roaming around. Ones that would meet your "80+" standards

Im not going off of anyone else's stories. I know for myself what's goen on up their. This makes me wonder if your friend knows what an 80"+ goat is!? I've been their alot and know what's their. I'll make the best I can of the hunt an hope I come out with a good 1!

Funny that the guy accusing others of starting "high school rummors" is still in high school...

• Like 2

I agree with HUNTAZ this was not one of the better years for antelope and the success on the first archery hunts has been amazing. I am sure there are a couple 80" ers left but not many. I spent 10 days scouting and 6 hunting and I had all of 19A and I knew of 3 over 80. Goof luck to all those muzzy hunters!!!!

• Like 1