border hunter

Anyone have a Davis wall tent?

I have buddies that have them and allways have been great in the cold and rain. Don't know about warm. Never heard anything bad about em. Good luck...........BOB!

Awesome tents. If you are concerned about warm weather, consider adding more windows.

They are great tents. I have 2 a 14 x 16 and a 16 x 20. You need to set them up and spray them with water so the needle holes on all of the seams will swell and reseal them selves. Other wise they will leak at the seam the first time it rains. I did not get the internal frame style. If you have any questions feel free to pm me.

Bobby

I've owned one.... Had to sell it. It was hard to see it go.

Anyways, it was a great tent. Get double doors and a window or two if you will be in warm weather. Also consider buying the joints from them and making the frame on your own. Save money in shipping costs. I loved my 12x14!

I read every review on every canvas wall tent I could find on the internet. I researched for probably ten years before I finally pulled the trigger and bought a tent. I rented one before I bought so that I knew for sure what I was getting into. Finally bought one this spring on a Scratch and Dent sale that Davis had. Excellent customer service for sure. Great price on the best product in the market AFAIC. I bought the 12x14 water and mildew treated tent, which will sleep 3 on cots with a stove and a big table in the tent no problem. Got a back window and a screen on the front door with the traditional poles set up.

Good Luck and let me know if you have any questions.

Nick

IMO no, you're not going to be walking around on the edges of the tent. Most likely that is where your cots, tables etc are going to be. The center ridge line is like 8.5 feet on these tents so they have plenty of room through the middle.

Go for it!

Nick

Just bought one setting it up today. Making sure every thing is a ok. Bought it used. Guy use it 2 times. Like brand new. Called the guys at Davis tent they gave me a cut list after I measured the tent. The guy I bought it left his poles when he moved. Got a 12 x 14 with angles front and back door, wmf treated. $400.00 bucks. Poles cost me a 130.00 best deal I got in a long time. Have heard nothing but good about these tents.