Sign in to follow this  
joeinaz0

Are 15X's that much of an advantage

It may sound stupid but my 15s are more important on a hunt than my rifle!

don't need a rifle if you can't find a target.

I use 15 swaro's but my hunting buddy that pretty much taught me everything I know about WT hunting and glassing will die with his 10x42's and scope. To each their own, either way cant kill em if you cant find em. :P

• Like 2

I love my 15x56 swaros I have a razor spotting scope and some 10x42 vortex diamondbacks. I wouldn't trade my 15's for anything and I got them for only $1599 when the new model came out. You might be able to still find a pair somewhere I got mine off cameralandny.com. Call Doug there and ask him if they're still available.

I don't use Swaros, they won't fit My eyes. Minox 15's, the older ones get it done for Me. And generally one budie has a High end Swaro scope. The Swaro 15's are the sharpest but don't fit My eyes. I guess I been staring at 2 legged deer for too many years............BOB!

I think its hard to tell someone just how much of a game changer the 15s really are until you can take them out and let them sit down with the 15s on a tripod and let them truly see the difference it really is. I have the swor 10s and always just used a hiking stick or something of that sorts to glass...ya I found game! Once a good friend of mine took me out and had the 15s on a tripod.....I knew I was missing alot of stuff.....like others have said this is the one piece of equipment that I wont hunt with out! I use it for all of my hunts now!

• Like 1

I agree, a mixed group is the best. I will never not have 15's with me on a Coues hunt.

• Like 1

I bought a set up from the Outdoorsman about 22 23 years ago and never looked back. Can't go wrong...............BOB!

I always love the comment " I don't need a tripod" sure you can see some stuff ok, but what you miss by not having steady glass is amazing.

• Like 1

I use 15 swaro's but my hunting buddy that pretty much taught me everything I know about WT hunting and glassing will die with his 10x42's and scope. To each their own, either way cant kill em if you cant find em. :P

WORD!
  • Like 1

I don't use Swaros, they won't fit My eyes. Minox 15's, the older ones get it done for Me. And generally one budie has a High end Swaro scope. The Swaro 15's are the sharpest but don't fit My eyes. I guess I been staring at 2 legged deer for too many years............BOB!

I have the same issue as you. Had to go with the Minox 15x58. I have 8x around my neck. No scope. There are times I wish I had one though but I seem to do ok without.

Brian

For those who have had trouble with swaro 15x being too wide for their eyes, the newest model of them has fixed that problem and now they close enough for everyone's eyes. I used to have that problem with my old 15s, but the new HD version is perfect!