Sign in to follow this  
MULEPACKHUNTER

Game and Fish working hard

PHOENIX – The Arizona Game and Fish Department is investigating a reported incident of harassing wildlife with an aircraft. Multiple reports were received by the Department on Aug. 22 and 23, 2014 from a number of concerned archery hunters who witnessed the incidents.

On two consecutive mornings, the reporting parties observed a helicopter with unique markings and tail numbers repeatedly chasing, herding and harassing antelope in the northeastern part of Game Management Unit 18B.

Arizona Game and Fish Commission rule R12-4-320 as well as federal wildlife statutes prohibit the use of any aircraft to harass, herd or purposely move wildlife in any manner.

Part of the Department’s investigation included serving a search warrant for the helicopter and its global positioning system (GPS) at a ranch headquarters in northern Yavapai County.

Game and Fish Kingman Regional Supervisor Tom Finley stated, “The Arizona Game and Fish Department takes these types of complaints seriously and will investigate any misuse of aircraft. The herding or harassing of wildlife is unfair, unethical and illegal, and it poses a danger to the public.”

The investigation is ongoing and no charges have yet been filed in the case. The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service also is investigating the incident regarding violation of the Federal Airborne Hunting Act.

This investigation was made possible because citizens reported the incident to Operation Game Thief. If you suspect or have knowledge of illegal activity involving wildlife or habitat, call Operation Game Thief at 800-352-0700.

• Like 2

Isn't there a helicopter flight school right near there? I know last year in the northern part of 18b helicopters were constantly low flying and landing in the area we were chasing antelope. Didn't really bother us, we would use their noise to make our move on the antelope.

I saw a plane flying up and down in the Aubry valley on Thursday late morning near pica camp. For a few miles then dissapeared off to the west

I saw a UFO and green people in it...then after that I couldn't find any big bucks... I too am going to file a complaint with Game and Fish.

• Like 2

Green people!?!? That's profiling lance. I'm offended. I demand this thread be shut down. My people are green. Lark.

• Like 8

The only harrasment I've seen is by G and F helicopters in 3c. Just because they can doesn't mean they should...

• Like 1

those green people must have had yellow bellies too then

The only harrasment I've seen is by G and F helicopters in 3c. Just because they can doesn't mean they should...

Ya I received the email that they regretted they would be doing survey flights during hunts, Major bummer for those with effected hunts.