Christian2

Bulls Bugling in 6A

I have heard that bulls are starting to bugle. I was wondering if anyone has been up in 6a? Are they bugling? I will be up this weekend scouting. Thanks. Christian2

Does anyone know of spots that they are bugling on fh3 on the 6a side? Any help would be appreciated

Does anyone know of spots that they are bugling on fh3 on the 6a side? Any help would be appreciated

Drive the road at night and get out and listen every mile or so. There are elk throughout 6a, therefor where they are you will hear them. If you don't hear them on fh3 take any of the main forest roads into the country and do the same.

• Like 2

Elk all over 6A, get out at night and early am, if you want to hear them.

• Like 1

The road around the Pine grove quiet area believe its the 132 to the 132 D, road is pretty bad but it is not very far from the FH-3.

I had that hunt a couple years back - my first archery elk hunt - it was great and I was on bulls every day. Individual locations aren't really helpful because there are definitely elk all over the unit - they'll be in spots with good access to food, water and cover just like anywhere else in the elk world. If those things are available, they'll be in there unless they get pressured out. Get off roads and you'll have opportunities - tons of hunters in there and the pressure centers on the road. If you go a full day in a spot without getting on elk, I'd move locations because chances are they have.

Rattlesnake is a walk-in only quiet area (like Pine Grove), so if you're going to hunt there make sure you have a plan to get meat out of a remote area in the warm/hot weather. I'd say it's definitely worth a look, but during the early season there are many easier spots to get a bull out of.

Good luck on your hunt. If you have any specific questions, shoot me a PM and I'll try to answer. I didn't draw any tag, so if I can get some time off work I might go up there to help people out by calling and packing.

• Like 2