Sign in to follow this  
mathews4804

HELP

any body ever had a problem of the second bullet of a group being a flyer have made a lot of different loads and always the same results I have tried different bullets different powders some loads are better than others but still a flyer most of the loads are using imr 4350 and 140 or 160 accubonds tried a-max and sierra pro hunters tried rl15 and varget and two different shooters thanks for any ideals

Whem I have to reinstall a stock I use a piece of paper as a spacer like checking for free float and a fat wrench to set the torque. Jmtc

I have a weatherby vanguard that does the exact same thing. The way I fixed it was to buy a remy 700.

• Like 2

My 300wsm did that when i first got it. Front scope base was loose.

yea it seems to be every different load that doesn't seem to matter have tried clean barrel fouled barrel went out and shot this morning with a fouled barrel and a different load and it seems like I found a load a little better will have to load some more up and see if I have the same outcome closing the distance cross my fingers

You might try the following: Clean the bore with JB Borepaste. It is a mild lapping agent, and will thoroughly remove lead and copper fouling, and polish out some of the tool marks. It won't remove the worst ones, but that is what you are faced with when you have a factory barrel.

Then find a good all around gunsmith, and have them recrown your barrel. After that, go back to load workup. Ditto the comments from earlier posters regarding bedding and guard screw tension.

forepaw

First off have you even messed with seating depth testing? I do TONS of load development and thats what it sounds like to me. Either that, neck tension, or concentricity. If every single group the second shot is a flyer 99% of the time its seating depth.