Sign in to follow this  
BigWaveDave

Transplanted to Arizona...Introduction if you will

Hi guys and gals,

I am a recent transplant to Arizona. Hunted before out east, never here in AZ.

Getting a new bow next month and applied for spring turkey. Going to apply for Elk in the spring and highly doubt it will pan out, but who knows.

I have been looking at unit 27 and applied for Turkey there and hope to scout and spot some Elk.

Does anyone have any info on the Ft Huachuca and Camp Navajo areas?

I do have access and if anyone has hunted either basic information will work.

I have ridden the FSR in 33 and 34A and seen a few Mule Deer.

I guess that sums up the choppy introduction...

Thanks

Dave

I can't hunt Ft. Huachuca but I have lived, worked and hunted in the surrounding areas my whole life. So pm me with any questions you have and I'll do my best to answer them.

• Like 1

You need to apply now for archery javelina. The deadline is in 3 or 4 days! That is an Arizona specialty!

There maybe some leftover tags for whitetail on Fort Huachuca. Call AZG&F and inquire. Ask about Unit 35A Fort Huachuca hunts. Also contact the Sportsmen Center on Fort Huachuca, 520-533-7085. Or Mr. Sheridan Stone, 520-533-7083.

Good luck on your scouting/hunting endeavors. I have heard great things about 27. Never hunted there myself. I agreed with kidso about the archery javi hunts!! Go apply!

I like hunting javelina but theres nothing I like more than archery deer in january and dont like javelina to interfere with it. Theres plenty of areas where you can hunt both at the same time, but my favorite jan deer spot holds zero javelina so I've been putting in for the handgun-archery-muzzleloader (HAM) hunts the last couple years. They run in February after deer season has closed. Its a little harder to get tags for those hunts but if you fail to draw one there are several units that always have leftover tags for the archery season that you can fall back on. Its a good strategy to try to get yourself an extra two weeks of hunting in February.