Sign in to follow this  
Evan

Antelope in Wyoming 2014

Last year my brother and I decided we would try for Wyoming Antelope, we put in for the draw but do to some work commitments on my part we had to withdraw our apps right before the deadline. So we went into this years draw with one bonus point. We did some research to find areas with a good amount of public land and submitted again this year.

With Wyoming draw timing we were able to see first if we were drawn for elk here in Az first before withdrawing for a second year in a row. No luck on the Az elk draw so our apps stayed in in Wyoming. Luck had it and we we drawn! Headed to Wyoming!

First hunting trip to Wyoming, a lot of anxiety before the trip, although we knew our unit, where do we hunt, where do we camp, maps, etc, etc. They day finally came and we were off. One day drive to Cheyenne and had dinner and stayed the night in a hotel. We awoke the next morning at 4am to a few inches of snow covering the ground and the truck, scrapped the windows and a few hour drive to our unit. Snow melted off quick.

Wyoming is a amzing place, we had a blast and both my brother and I were able to tag out the first day. I'm sure there might have been bigger speed goats around the area, but we put in some work on day one to get it done. Stalked multiple bucks, had fun watching the bigger bucks push the smaller bucks around and chase does, I could have glassed up there for a week.

We both had a week planned off for the trip but cut it short so we could get back to the real world, not by willing choice! Were were able to spend a day fishing also, catching awesome sized trout all day long. Great trip! Can't wait to do it again! Got to meet shedhunteraz and Average Joe up there to after we found out we had the same hunt a few days before. Great guys!

Don't mind the dates on the pictures. There off!

Pic 1 - My brothers antelope
Pic 2 - my brothers on the ground walking up
Pic 3 - my antelope
Pic 4 - on of my brothers fish.

post-8765-0-74625500-1413154865_thumb.jpg

post-8765-0-29957500-1413155033_thumb.jpg

post-8765-0-15689300-1413155075_thumb.jpg

post-8765-0-34460600-1413155127_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

I did a New Mexico hunt this year with a guide, but I really want to do a DIY trip in Wyoming. Any tip on what unit to pick and easy access to state land? Also can't you get more than 1 buck tag? I took average joe advice and bought a point.

Oh awesome pic and congrats on your hunt!!!!

• Like 1

Yup its a long wait in Az. for a tag so Ya may as well go to Wyoming for some fun. There are so many antelope there its nuts. You can trophy hunt from Your vehicle with good glass. Congrats................BOB!

• Like 1

About time you post these pics. Great job on your guys hunt! Thanks for the hot spot to fish up there. Kids killed it and had some good fresh trout that night. Stand up guys, was a pleasure to meet you both.

• Like 2

Evan, congrats to you and your brother. I look forward to hearing more about it if you can stop by deer camp.

• Like 1

Very nicely done. Congratulations to you both on your speed goats.

• Like 1

My buddy that lives in Casper starts his deer hunt Tomm. He is gonna see if its worth my 7 bonus points to hunt this area next year. Evan You got any Deer or ELK points. I got 7 of each and looking to burn em as I will never catch up to max (9) . I think I can get descent muley, but big elk sounds difficult. We are to spoiled with size in AZ. Any body have any tips on deer or elk units in Wyoming PM me thanks................. BOB!