Sign in to follow this  
257 STW

1999 Dodge Cummins 4x4 with bad tranny

1999 Dodge Cummins short bed 4x4 with bad tranny has 240k miles has goose neck hitch and tool box auxiliary fuel tank front end was just rebuilt selling for a friend $4500post-3803-0-90810300-1413904675_thumb.jpg

post-3803-0-67900700-1413904709_thumb.jpg

post-3803-0-89301100-1413904728_thumb.jpg

How do you know its a 53 block by just looking? With 240k its definitely had a vp44 or two installed. There only 1k. Fred Swanson is the bomb transmission builder out of Waddell. Fully built, triple disk torque converter, with all the goodies for a great price and a 3 year warranty. As long as the motor hasn't been molested that has a lot of potential.

Not sure on 53 block how would I tell I no nothing about dodge I own a duramax im selling it for a buddy he probily knows nothing eather his dad passed away and left him the truck

Odds are in favor of it having a 53 block. There r two ways to check for the 53 block . Most have the 53 stamped on the block under the vp 44 ( injection pump ) at bottom of the block where the oil pan bolts to the block . There is a cluster of wires that run across In that general area but usually the 53 jumps right out at you. It can also be stamped on the opposite side next to where the oil dip stick goes in to the block. As far as the vp 44 goes I wouldn't sweat it . The vp has a bad name but IMO lift pump failure is what usually kills the vp . I have a 99 with 189 k that has the original vp in it .

Here is my phone number 4804953475 it easier to call instead of pm