Sign in to follow this  
Coach

Black Widows

Yeah, what naturegirl said. Haven't seen one in years around my place since we started having our place sprayed. :)

TJ

diatomaceous earth

This^

Breaks down exoskeleton of creepy crawlies.. now since black widders float in when smaller that means gotta remove food source of course and maybe seal up that shed some how?? I use bifenthrin for pest control and seems to KILL EVERYTHING!

First liar don't have a chance on here. Here goes anyhow. Years ago in Tucson, I found a cluster of black widows in my back yard. They had woven harnesses out of web material and were riding gila monsters in the 10' dash! Best time was 29 minutes. The losing gila monster was killed and eaten by the black widow cluster. Had night mares for years about that!

• Like 1

As a farmer I killed bugs as part of my job for nearly 30 years. I will guarantee that you will not have a spider for at least 2 months and longer if you use this stuff. Put it in a pump up hand sprayer and it is liquid death to spiders and nearly every other kind of bug. And it is fairly notoxic to mammals.

http://www.domyownpestcontrol.com/cyper-wp-p-228.html?zmam=70093104&zmas=1&zmac=2&zmap=228&gclid=CMD6ypns5cECFRRffgodTAIAvQ

If anyone needs any bug killer, I have access to almost all that has been mentioned here. We don't carry the DT, but have the Suspend, Bifenthrin etc.. Creed, hold onto that Cyper, they aren't making it in that formulation any longer, but its a great product as well.

I personally like to make a hot mix of Suspend and Bifinthrin with an occasional dose of Lambda-Cy for good measure. I also have a zero tolerance policy for spiders.

I'll try and get the pix on tomorrow. They're on my wife's cell phone. For the record, I'll let tarantulas, snakes, wolf spiders even those big scorpions crawl all over me (not the bark scorpions) and it may as well be kittens.

But something about black widows and their webs gives me the heebies. I've always used hair spray and a lighter, but when you are only on your property at certain times of the year, you need a strong "passive resistance".

Looking into the diatomaceous earth and suspend. Thanks for the replies.

I did say 12 inch, not 12 foot snake. but still, I never would have bet against the snake.

I while back a member told me about a product to use in order to kill a beehive I had in my fifth wheel. We shoved one in the hole of my trailer and ran. All the bee's were dead the next day. I decided to give it a try at our place up north. I kept finding spiders in the house and the garage. I hung one in the crawl space under the house and one in the garage. I haven't seen a spider since. There cheap and have no smell. David

http://t.homedepot.com/p/Hot-Shot-2-29-oz-No-Pest-Insect-Strip-HG-5580-6/100004739/