Sign in to follow this  
billrquimby

DO OTHER MAC USERS HAVE PROBLEMS ON THIS SITE?

I have found the only way to post on this site (no matter the "skin" I choose) is to type my post in the (not so) quick reply at the bottom of the thread, then click on "other options." This prints what I typed on a new window and I can click on "post now." {I cannot make corrections or additions on this window.) Sometimes it posts, but it usually does not and I give up.............

Editing what does post is impossible. I've found the only way to change something is to delete the post, make the corrections and go through the whole works again. More often than not, I go away. .............

If you've noticed, I have to insert .......... to separate different thoughts. No matter what I do, my posts (when they do make it to the site) appear in one long paragraph. ,,,,,,,,,,,

All of this is frustrating, to say the least, and I'm starting to wonder if it is worth it.............

My machine is a five-year-old, large screen IMac that write and design books with. I use Safari as server and encounter no problems on any of the other sites I post on..........

My iPad is fine and I use internet explorer at work with no probs....

I've used a mac since 2006. Never had that issue with this site.

Same for me...

I actually have issues with my PC (actually I think it's internet explorer causin the issue) and have to use my wife's Mac if I want to post without problems.

Apple user forever never an issue. Currently use Safari. (mac as in macintosh... is an old no longer used name)

Only trouble I have is posting photos, but that's more a matter of never having bothered to look for the "how to" instructions. I use both Firefox and Safari on my iMac, and just Safari on my laptop. Both seem to work equally well.

"Apple user forever never an issue. Currently use Safari. (mac as in macintosh... is an old no longer used name)"..............I have used Macintosh computers since 1984. and my five-year=old machine is an IMac, Apple's flagship desktop computer. As long as IMacs are being manufactured and sold, I will continue to call them Macs............. I've made my living on Macs for three decades now, and I'm too old to change............I can't understand why I have such problems with this site when other members who also use Macs and Safari do not. It may have something to do with my using a dial=up modem instead of a high-speed connection, but I visit and post on other sites regularly and have never had a problem. ........ Bill Quimby