Sign in to follow this  
PRDATR

Looking to rent a cabin up north for a few days next month

Well I talked my brother and his wife into coming back to AZ next month. He lived here when he got out of the Army back in the mid 70's ( when you only had to be 16 to enlist) and Mom is going to be 86 on the 16th.

It's been close to ten years since they have seen each other between her health, his finances and that his boss who he has worked for the last 20+ years just gives him one weeks vacation each year. He lives in the deep, deep, south (Cajun Country). They want to see mountains and spend sometime up north.

They looked at motels in Flag but could not find one that has smoking rooms. He did find one with a balcony but they told him he could not smoke on it. My SIL usually gets up every night and has a smoke at about 2:30 (bless her heart) so at this point they are just looking at seeing if they can find something when they come in.

Anyone have a lead on a place to rent for a few days or so between Munds Park and Williams or up on the Rim? If I can find a 2-3 bedroom place that would be ideal so we can bring Mom up out of the Valley and I can possibly bring her grandson and great grandson too. Bigger and another room or two is ok too as we can fill it.

Can check VRBO.com (Vacation Rental by Owner), although finding a place that allows smoking could be a problem...

Pm me dates etc and we could open up our cabin for you, if we are not hunting. Two bedrooms and a few pull out beds no laundry or dishwasher a real cabin.

• Like 3

I've rented the Catch-a-trout cabin up near the Tonto Creek hatchery and it was not bad. Only 1:30 drive from the valley.

Found it on Homeaway.com