Sign in to follow this  
Bpursell

WTB Live Coyote trap

Haha both dogs look a lot alike wonder if the are from the same area or it could be the same dumb look

X-bows are awesome and really get the job done! you will find yourself waiting for dogs on roof of house night after night. :)

• Like 1

So I picked up a cheap xbow from a friend and plan on hitting cal ranch for that $200 trap. If it works I will post a pic. (I can only hope for a pic of "shame" as posted here). Thanks to all that proved info and posted here.

So I picked up a cheap xbow from a friend and plan on hitting cal ranch for that $200 trap. If it works I will post a pic. (I can only hope for a pic of "shame" as posted here). Thanks to all that proved info and posted here.

My urban experience says it a dominant male having pooping contest marking his turf vs your dogs turf.. put a broadhead thru the big male and you should have less issues. good luck and I will be awaiting your kill/capture pics. :)

I have seen at least 3 different dogs here. (Not questioning the alpha male) My plan is to place the trap on the back side of the property, but really thinking about the roof with the x-box and foxpro right at dusk.

• Like 1

I have seen at least 3 different dogs here. (Not questioning the alpha male) My plan is to place the trap on the back side of the property, but really thinking about the roof with the x-box and foxpro right at dusk.

Sounds perfect but wont the x-boX scare them away?? :)

FYI

Coyotes will keep coming back to the same area if attractants are not removed. Coyotes do not usually become a problem where the guidelines listed below are followed. Homeowners may trap and relocate coyotes, but must contact the Arizona Game and Fish Department for an appropriate release location before transporting the animal. Homeowners can also hire a wildlife control business to capture and remove coyotes for a fee.

FYI

Coyotes will keep coming back to the same area if attractants are not removed. Coyotes do not usually become a problem where the guidelines listed below are followed. Homeowners may trap and relocate coyotes, but must contact the Arizona Game and Fish Department for an appropriate release location before transporting the animal. Homeowners can also hire a wildlife control business to capture and remove coyotes for a fee.

Well that didn't go as planned. Thanks for the info. Can't think of the attractants. The only dogs are inside dogs ( for now at least, picked up one of the blue ticks from Jed). Do have a small chicken coop with a few birds. But, the coyotes didn't start coming around until I sold my horses.

If ya dont live within city limits SMOKE THE YOTES! X-bow!

Less rules when it comes to killin criters than transplanting them