Sign in to follow this  
Bpursell

WTB Live Coyote trap

I've seen them big enough for fox, but not big enough for coyotes. You might have to build one like psebowhunter suggested.

I can't imagine catching one in a live trap...they were hard enough to catch in a leg hold...

I have seen them in person at cal ranch for $199, however I was hoping a member would have a used one that I could pick up.

While you can certainly get one big enough. It will be very difficult to actually get a coyote to commit to a live trap. Not impossible but very difficult. I would guess a coyote living/hunting close to civilization may be more apt to get caught in one.

Any of the popular cage manufacturers cages will hold a coyote. I have seen them caught in Briarpatch as well as CamTrip cages.

This embarassed fellow found his way into one of my cat sets. Clearly a younger dog and curiosity got the better of him. Cage is the largest of a nesting set of camtrips from Mercer Lawing. Good luck to you.

post-11266-0-96054000-1415782532.jpg

• Like 1

I have 5 acres and neighbors also have large lots. It's all horse property. I recently sold my horses and now being over run with dogs. Had one not 10 feet from the front door the other night. They are getting brave and that causes concern for my children and pets. Shooting is not a real option due to neighbors. So I thought I might try a trap.

Thanks for the input and that's a great pic Cat, he does have a look of shame.

I have 5 acres and neighbors also have large lots. It's all horse property. I recently sold my horses and now being over run with dogs. Had one not 10 feet from the front door the other night. They are getting brave and that causes concern for my children and pets. Shooting is not a real option due to neighbors. So I thought I might try a trap.

Thanks for the input and that's a great pic Cat, he does have a look of shame.

They do sell pretty cheap crossbows that wil easily do the job! also some modern day pellet guns would do it if it were a brainshot. :) good luck!

I have caught a few coyotes in cage traps here in AZ. Briarpatch Cages makes a large cage that will easily house a coyote. A coyote that goes into a cage has thrown caution to the wind and is really acting out of character for a typical skittish coyote. You'd have much better luck trapping a coyote on private property with a foothold trap.

If this coyote could speak, "Yes, I have the lowest intelligence in my gene pool. I went in a cage trap."

12_6a_zps45c98075.jpg

• Like 1

I have caught a few coyotes in cage traps here in AZ. Briarpatch Cages makes a large cage that will easily house a coyote. A coyote that goes into a cage has thrown caution to the wind and is really acting out of character for a typical skittish coyote. You'd have much better luck trapping a coyote on private property with a foothold trap.

If this coyote could speak, "Yes, I have the lowest intelligence in my gene pool. I went in a cage trap."

12_6a_zps45c98075.jpg

Wow now that's a look of shame lol

Wife vetoed the foothold because of her pet dogs and the kids. I might pick up a live trap, but been wanting a crossbow. Good excuse to buy a new toy.

Yet, if I could get a pic like Hyper I would set that as my profile pic.

I got a Barnett recruit compound for 200$ it's a accurate sweet rig (have to get new scope) even wallmart has them lol