az4life

Update from Wyoming

Well as most of you know, I left AZ to live in Wyoming last October. Since that time I have not had an opportunity to hunt, as my priority has been to build a home that my family could live in.

We have been in the house since the end of Jan, and I finished siding and paint this week.

The process began with finding a slab contractor and then it took about a week more of trucks hauling in dirt to fill in the lot before we could do anything with forms. A few weeks of dirt work, forms, and under slab plumbing and getting materials ordered and on site, then we were ready to start on the construction.

On Nov 15th we started framing and had all the interior and exterior walls and trusses up by Nov 18th. Roof was sheeted and partly shingled by the next week and we were fully dried in around 7th of December.

This is the first experience I had at designing and building a home and most of the work was completed by 4 people including myself, 2 of whom were hired helpers. The house is a single stroy ranch, about 2000 SF plus an attached 32x20' garage. I am proud to say I had a hand in all aspects (drafting, Concrete, Plumbing, framing, roofing, flooring, cabinets, painting, drywall.. ohhh the endless drywall....) and it has been a great experience.

Anyway, we still need to do landscaping and finish a few other thingsd (skylights this weekend) but it is feeling like home!

Enjoy the pics and thanks for bearing with me as I show off some of my work.

post-11-1174010268_thumb.jpg

post-11-1174010285_thumb.jpg

post-11-1174010308_thumb.jpg

post-11-1174010326_thumb.jpg

post-11-1174010347_thumb.jpg

post-11-1174010360_thumb.jpg

post-11-1174010389_thumb.jpg

Beautiful house! BUT...that stuffed bear in the coverall's in the 4th pic down would have to go if it were my house! I could imagine walking through that door and FREAKIN' out every time seein' that thing hiding there! Way cool and congrats, JIM>

Love the hardwood floors!

But something is missing. Where are the cactus and Palo Verde trees?

Thanks for the nice comments.

Replies....

I hope to start posting some great scenery and wildlife pics soon. I am now looking for "real" work so I can pay the bills and there are a lot of neat pics to take on the way to Cheyenne or Scottsbluff, NE.

The "hardwood floors" are actually Ceramic Tile. We like the look of wood but did not want the maintenance of real wood or the sound of pergo. I layed all the tile myself too! We used a similar Bamboo plank looking tile in the laundry and half bath.

The bear does take some getting used to. My wife is a Bear collector, and Bear Artist. She made most of the Big ones in the pictures.

Antlers will probably be in the spare bedroom. I still need to unpack them.

Atta boy!

To bad for me you moved all the way up there cuz I could use your skills at my house.

Love the house, thanks for keepin us posted!

outstanding- I can smell the fresh air, lack of traffic and solitude- nothing has changed down here it's the same old / same old- thanks for sharing the pictures- can't wait for summertime photos of the cowboy state

azp&Y

Cograts on the new house! :) That phrase, new house, it just makes you all warm in side.... and puts you in good with your Wife, too! :D

I have been in construction most of my life building new homes for other people and I finally designed and built my own house last year. I have to tell you there is something special about living in a home that you thought up, or added imput on the design so it fit you better, and then built with your own hands. Congrats again! Good luck! :)

I made a breadbox in shop class when I was in 10th grade. :P

Nice digs! You did a great job and congrats on all your hard work paying off.

Very nice home!

I built a doghouse for my dogs but I spend quite a bit of time in it..............................

LOL

It gets cold and windy here so that's why The garage is big enough to take care of the "doghouse" need.