nateNAU

Second cat of the year

Trust me my feelings weren't hurt... Lol. I don't even know the guy. You and hyper should have serranos together and hug it out.

(I honestly just didn't think the cat was 30lbs either but maybe it is... I don't know.. but if you are going to claim that back it up and get it weighed on a certified scale that's all... otherwise you're subject to justified scrutiny) Bottom line is that is an awesome cat he caught and congrats to the trapper! I can only wish to catch one that big this season.

Lol @ certified weight before posting on a forum. What is this a fishing tournament, who has time for that? And whatever happened to if you don't have something nice to say don't say anything at all? If we start calling out people on every dead animal pic it's gonna get ugly quick since Many of us have seen numerous guys call 300" bulls 350." We just type nice bull man. Or 85" coues and they say it's 100."

Edit: I think I'm getting trolled.

Presmyk... ok then get it weighed by G&F

I agree with you... anyone can zero out their scale to whatever they want and make a pic look like its a 30lb cat.

Have it officially scored. Then it's not debatable. But for someone to give a guy heck and name call because he gave his opinion on the weight is questionable... on a hunting forum

There is a difference in a opinion and calling some one a liar buy to each their own everyone has a different way of taking a typed message wrong. Come on nate this is way off topic catch that cats grandpa already!!

hah. I missed the post where hyper directly called him a liar but maybe he did - I don't have time to go back and read it all.

I agree with you though that posts on these forums are often not perceived correctly. Only reason I commented was because of the personal attack.

My bull hunt starts in the morning unit8 that's all I care about right now - Then back to trapping and pred calling once hunt is over

Should be good no snow this time was some last year helped my nephew get first bill in 6b. Good luck

• Like 1

I never called the individual a liar. I told him I didn't think his bobcat was 30+ pounds. Big difference but people on the internet can take it any way they want. It makes no difference to me. I stand behind my comment and know there are very few, if any, bobcats topping 30 pounds in Arizona. I congratulated him on his catch numerous times regardless of it's size.

Scour this forum and you'll find scads of people questioning deer and elk claims. If the OP had posted his 30+ lb. bobcat claim on a dedicated trapping forum, my opinion, as initially stated, would seem mild on comparison to the comments that would have flooded in.

Bonecollector is entitled to his opinion as well, even though it's based on minimal truth and little credibility. Wolves don't worry about the opinions of sheep. Last year we had a spirited debate on here where he was called out on a much similar topic. He was told the same- nothing wrong with a simple exaggeration but don't stand shocked and dumbfounded when others call you out on a story that qualifies, in my opinion, as a tall tale.

Some fella stroll in here and claim he shot an AZ coues deer that scored 150 points with a photo that just doesn't cut the cake and argue his point and we'd see the bus come to a screeching halt for many veteran coues enthusiasts in here. People would ask for some type of proof for such a steep claim. A claim that far surpasses what one would even consider reasonable. OP could say, screw you all if you don't believe me. My brother said it was at least 150 too. You'd laugh him off the forum.

I don't stick my head out ANYWHERE on this forum aside from predator hunting and trapping because I don't feel qualified to. I do feel I know enough about predators, how to catch them, how to process their fur for sale, and the details surrounding those specialized activities give advice others help to lessen the learning curve we all had as a new predator caller and trapper. I have taken out a dozen new trappers out over the last 3-4 years and got them started on their own line. These type of threads, where people tell half-truths, or grossly embellish what was actually a great story in its virgin forum to a self-serving tale worthy to hold a permanent section in the fiction adventure in your local library.

Carry on chaps. I've given you few enough fodder to make several more inflammatory posts with me as the target. I need to get into bed. I have to head down South early to work on a coyote problem for the big milk producing industry. Gotta make that dollar bill.

Good night.

Lol @ certified weight before posting on a forum. What is this a fishing tournament, who has time for that?

post-11266-0-24023200-1417224970.png

• Like 5

Lol @ certified weight before posting on a forum. What is this a fishing tournament, who has time for that?

time fo dat.png
I man that's funny I do alot of those lols but I actually loled on that