nateNAU

Second cat of the year

the all knowing Troll Using words like typical and average are funny .... Is it possible even if not very probable , the answer would be YES.... Do not let the All knowing Troll keep you from sharing as there are many of us that do enjoy seeing such success ....

Trust me when I say I know the one big Tom that runs the small desert washes and feeds of the neighborhood pets out by us is easily 25 lbs and I would not go as far as using the words in the wild where this guy and another handful hang out and have been seen.... it was not a fleeting look but a couple minutes of scrapping with a pit that is on the big side at 38 lbs...

olmos thanks for the link ... I am betting he will call that 32 lb cat from Az on the first page BS too ... because I doubt he will eat crow

I just like to find an excuse to post this pic of one I got last year. He was good, look at the paws

35nac6w.jpg

Did you end up.getting that big boy sold?

That is a big bobcat. Looks much bigger than the one the OP posted. 30 pounds?

Just because someone said on an internet forum that their bobcat weighed 30+ pounds in no way makes it a fact.

The first picture in the predatormasters link is Mark. I know Mark well and he knows me. We live by each other and have eaten dinner at Serranos in Queen Creek together. His bobcat is not 32 pounds just because he says so.

If ANYONE this season in ARIZONA harvests a bobcat 25 pounds or heavier and can PROVE IT with a quality picture showing the scales weight I'll admit defeat and send you a COYOTE RAGE DVD free of charge. I have a stack of them here shrink wrapped ready to be sent. I'll even lower it to 25 pounds because there are really so few of those around. Word of mouth doesn't count. A quality picture where we can see the scale results and the bobcat in question in 1 shot.

I have put up this challenge on a couple of forums and only 1 guy followed the instructions and posted a picture. At the time I said anything over 20. 1 guy.

Take me up on the challenge and win a free DVD.

Wow again, another poster leaving because his feelings are hurt. How can you get your feelings hurt by someone that you don't know who said something on the internet. You internet rookies need a little basic training. A: People on the internet are usually NOT experts. B: They are giving you their OPINION based on little information. C: You will not die if they don't agree with you. C: Lots of people don't agree with me and, it is irritating to hear/read opinions by people who think that they know everything by those who actually do. LOL Are you getting the picture or are you needing more detail? The trick is to just walk away and cool off and come back another day. You can enjoy/learn from this site it is up to you. :D

• Like 5

That is a big bobcat. Looks much bigger than the one the OP posted. 30 pounds?

Just because someone said on an internet forum that their bobcat weighed 30+ pounds in no way makes it a fact.

The first picture in the predatormasters link is Mark. I know Mark well and he knows me. We live by each other and have eaten dinner at Serranos in Queen Creek together. His bobcat is not 32 pounds just because he says so.

If ANYONE this season in ARIZONA harvests a bobcat 25 pounds or heavier and can PROVE IT with a quality picture showing the scales weight I'll admit defeat and send you a COYOTE RAGE DVD free of charge. I have a stack of them here shrink wrapped ready to be sent. I'll even lower it to 25 pounds because there are really so few of those around. Word of mouth doesn't count. A quality picture where we can see the scale results and the bobcat in question in 1 shot.

What does dinner with mark have anything to do with the O.P. s pussy gato?

I have put up this challenge on a couple of forums and only 1 guy followed the instructions and posted a picture. At the time I said anything over 20. 1 guy.

Take me up on the challenge and win a free DVD.

I enjoy seeing critters posted here. Dont stop because of one guy's antics.

Same guy, same agenda, lots of forums, dropping names of who he has trapped/ hunted/ or apparently now had dinner with. Go to one of the fur harvesting associated group/club/meeting/sales in AZ and you can even hear him in person. Couple years ago it got really good on the Trapperman forums with him and his hero Bob Small professing how Bobs cage traps are superior to the others.

It is unfortunate the way he comes across usually because I think he has solid info and experience to add.

Many different ways to skin a cat (or trap one). Same thing applys to everything else we do.

• Like 1

Okay. Although i wont call someone a liar based on their opinion of the weight of the bobcat, there are far too many variables. However for the vast majority of bobcats here in Az, Hyper is correct on the avg weight. Do i believe there are cats here that go 30lbs, yes. I have a picture of one about 30 yards away standing in 9 inches of snow and there is still about 6 inches of space between the snow and the cats belly. I estimated the cat to be around 44-48" long. There was also 5 other people there as witness..... that being said, go get some more big ol cats. And another thing, i am the one that Hyper lost the bet on. As he said he didnt believe i could catch a cat i told him i had seen that was for sure over 20lbs. Well i caught it, took pics of it on a scale from far enough away to see the whole cat and then zoom in in series to see the scale better. He is a man of his word and did hold up his end of our bet. Go get another 30lber, i will cook up the crow! Ha ha ha

Okay. Although i wont call someone a liar based on their opinyou woion of the weight of the bobcat, there are far too many variables. However for the vast majority of bobcats here in Az, Hyper is correct on the avg weight. Do i believe there are cats here that go 30lbs, yes. I have a picture of one about 30 yards away standing in 9 inches of snow and there is still about 6 inches of space between the snow and the cats belly. I estimated the cat to be around 44-48" long. There was also 5 other people there as witness..... that being said, go get some more big ol cats. And another thing, i am the one that Hyper lost the bet on. As he said he didnt believe i could catch a cat i told him i had seen that was for sure over 20lbs. Well i caught it, took pics of it on a scale from far enough away to see the whole cat and then zoom in in series to see the scale better. He is a muan of his word and did hold up his end of our bet. Go get another 30lber, i will cook up the crow! Ha ha ha

Thanks. Will do. I spent most of the night making another 15 traps. If its impossible then I did the impossible and I will do it again. I will catch another even bigger cat this year even if it kills me. Cooked crow? Who said cooked?

I come across pretty rough on the internet. In person I'm a nice guy. I have ate lunch with Airon (Desertghost) many times. I told him I didn't think he could even catch a bobcat in the 20 pound range and he did. I bought him lunch.

The only place you're gonna catch a 30 pound bobcat is right aournd Palo Verde Nucleau Power Plant. He'd be drinking the run off from the nucleaur reactors.

Good luck!

No worries. Agree to disagree. I just posted the weight I got from my scale, right or wrong. Still respect anyone as dedicated to trapping as you. I sincerely hope you have a good trapping season and when I catch a verifiable 30lb-er ill make sure you are first to know : )

• Like 1