nateNAU

Second cat of the year

The fur market has dipped 40% in the last 2 years. 2-3 years ago many 40+ inch bobcats with above average markings were $800-1000. Last year Arizona's top bobcat, a XL cat was $1350 I believe. Arizona's average bobcat last year was $275ish? Can't remember exactly. Poor fur handling can make an $500 turn into a $200 easily.

Maybe took a few puffs and he did in hale to lol no pretty sure he ment other way

• Like 1

I try to be funny if I'm boozin or not! I'll let you guess on that one haha! Gotta get to deer camp in the morn. If I happen to kill a chubby bob or a belomic bobby I'll take pics. Good luck everyone tomorrow and Friday, whether it's hunting or surviving the family guests.

• Like 1

I try to be funny if I'm boozin or not! I'll let you guess on that one haha! Gotta get to deer camp in the morn. If I happen to kill a chubby bob or a belomic bobby I'll take pics. Good luck everyone tomorrow and Friday, whether it's hunting or surviving the family guests.

good luck?

That's some awesome spot coloring on that cat

• Like 1

Have had a lot of request to repost the picture so I have. As I have said I love to see and read other's posts and I would like to share mine. No weights or lengths. Just a happy trapper with a big cat.

• Like 1

No weights or lengths. Just a happy trapper with a big cat.

Shame it has to be that way, but Im glad you posted it back. Ill be lookin for your 3rd.

O and your arm is not extended straight out I would say there is a good bendd to it according to my scientific super cleverness looks to be 60° angle (i watch alot of csi and had brunch with some one that plays a sciences on tv)lol it would be tough to hold a 30 + lb cat out straight armed any how

• Like 1

By all means everyone post their 30 pound bobcats.

I myself was shocked last year when I caught 3 30 pound bobcats all on the same day on the trap line. I didn't have a scale at the time but eyeballing them, they were 30 easily.

20140102_090054_zps58c1ebc2.jpg

By all means everyone post their 30 pound bobcats.

I myself was shocked last year when I caught 3 30 pound bobcats all on the same day on the trap line. I didn't have a scale at the time but eyeballing them, they were 30 easily.

20140102_090054_zps58c1ebc2.jpg

Wow got a 30 a 31 and a 32 lber in a single day!!!!! When I grow up I wanted to be like chuck Norris but that all just changed in a blink of an eye!! Lol but seriously a triple is a day I dream of

In trapping, its not uncommon to catch multiple bobcats in one day. It has a lot to do with how many sets you have out. On the day above, I had caught 3 bobcats in the first 6 sets and had 3 dozen sets to go and didn't catch anything else. I know a fella is California who caught 7-8 in one day. High bobcat populations + good trapper + all the planets in alignment = $2000-2500 paycheck for a single day's collection. I never get that type of luck.