TEAM TOAD

LOST RIFLE DURING LATE PIG HUNT

A good friend of mine called me yesterday. There hunting group found a rifle during the general pig hunt. If you know of anybody who lost there rifle during that hunt in UNIT 34a, PLEASE SEND ME A PM. We can go from there......

Thanks....

If it's got a stock, a trigger and a barrel then it's definately mine. I lost it in the desert somewhere. :P

It is sure good to see honest people these days. :D

Sure hope the owner gets there gun back, you know there bumming. :(

I found a chain saw some one forgot last year during Elk camp.

Left a note where I found it to let the owner know I had it and were camp was.

He came and got it from one of the other guys at camp while I was gone and was very greatful. :)

He could have at least fliped me a $1.00. <_<

Unlike the #&^@#*^$ that found my and buddys pack frames I hid to make room for the elk we were hauling out. :angry:

That hurt I had to buy 2 new ones :unsure:

anybuddy but me who says it's their's is a stinkin' liar. it's mine. what kind of a gun did i lose? Lark.

I found one while hunting once. Turned it into the Sheriffs Dept. Found out it was stolen. At least that's what they told me. Good job for doing the right thing.

anybuddy but me who says it's their's is a stinkin' liar. it's mine. what kind of a gun did i lose? Lark.

Lark, if its yours, it HAS to be a 30-06, or a 25-06... those are the ONLY good cases stemming from a 30-06 brass... you know that!

Lark, if its yours, it HAS to be a 30-06, or a 25-06... those are the ONLY good cases stemming from a 30-06 brass... you know that!

:lol: You know, if there was a rifle werth losin it would be a .270........J/K Lark :lol:

I left a rifle and part of my gear on a coues hunt once. It was afternoon on 12-31 and I had several rough miles to hike out with my deer. I was pretty sick and should not have even been out hunting but it was the last day of the season and rut was happening! So after dropping the deer across a canyon he fell into a deep ravineI hauled it up the canyon and seeing the time and distance knew I had a dilema. I took half the deer and half my gear along with all my water. Started hiking and Made it in about 3 hours, and nearly puked my guts out! I learned a lesson. Always say that is the last time I will do something so stupid as that... until the next time. :P

No time energy or water to get the rest of the deer n gear so I headed home and called AZGFD poachers hotline to let them know that I would be heading out with half a deer, (untagged) and part of my gear including my gun on the next day ( Jan 1st.)

They about flipped that I left a gun out there. I told them I had seen no one there in the whole season so no worries. Just did not want to get tagged myself for someone thinking I was poaching.

Anyway, forgetting a rifle or losing one while hunting is possible, but you have to wonder how! Maybe the hunter is missing too? Good luck getting it back to the rightful owner.

Is there a way to track down the owner through the registration and serial numbers on the gun? Dont know who would/could do it, but I would assume someone could look it up.