bowhunter42

Rattling and calling coues

Yes. Grunt tubes and rattling both work. But it helps if you already know the deer are there. To be honest ive called in more does than bucks with rattling.

You never know. Get out there, find a buck and give it a shot.

• Like 1

I had a Spike coues come running in last year on Jan. 1 while I was rattling. The buck I shot two year ago come in 20 minutes after a rattling sequence.

• Like 1

Has anyone had any luck rattling or using calls during the rut?

no. But I'm too stubborn to stop trying.
  • Like 1

I tracked a buck in fresh snow into a little valley last year until I got the feeling I was close,then I set up and rattled.2 bucks came running in from different directions and i arrowed one.it was cool,but that's the only success I've had rattling

I havent killed one that I called in yet, but I've called in a couple bucks that I blew the shot on and many, many does. Coues deer definitely will respond..... sometimes.

Thank you for your input. I do have an area where I have bucks on trail cams in the last week with lots of does around. Will let you know how it goes. I've only been here two years used to hunting the Midwest white tails. Just wanted to know it tactics from there would work here.

I seen them respond to grunts. Never tried the rattling. Seems tough in AZ cuz you draw the attention to yourself as soon as you do that. Conditions gotta be right. Then the stare down starts.