Sign in to follow this  
apache12

Sig p220 shooting question. Not sure if this is the right spot to ask but...

I usually get great advice or opinions on coues whitetail. I know this question is off topic but thought I'd see if any one has any thought

I recently purchased a sig p220 45 acp in 4 inch. It s the extreme elite with the upgraded sig trigger

Great trigger by the way

Anyway I'm just a weekend shooter. I'm not an expert shot but i group well and with previous pistols have been competent

This gun I must be doing something wrong because I shoot it consistant,y low. I group well but if I'm at 10 yards im 8 inches low of target

My sight picture is to align the front sight dot in a row with rear

I normally would place the front dot at the base of my target

If I do that im even lower so I tried covering the target. Still low

I had a buddy I shoot with fire the pistol and he is dead on using the same sight picture

The pistol is not adjustable

I must be pushing the pistol down at firing or something

Any good shooters that have suggestions?

Thx

I have two p220s and have been shooting one for 26 years. I guess I wouldn't have an answer unless I shot it. If you and your bud are looking at the same sight pic I would guess its not the sights. "Two to the torso, one to the head is the recommended dose of lead"

I would bet your anticipating and driving the gun down. Do some dry fire practice, ensure the front sight isn't moving while you pull the trigger.

slapping trigger with finger instead of squeezing. prep the trigger first (take slack out) then squeeze.

While you're dry firing, put a spent shell on the front sight, make sure it doesnt fall off, and you have a good trigger squeeze.

Yep...squeeze don't pull...you are forcing the nose down I'd bet.