Sign in to follow this  
J.S.R.

The "Candlestick" buck SCORE

First of all I would like to say thank you for all of the great comments and messages regarding the buck I was able to harvest. I have been asked a lot about what the deer scores and I feel it would be selfish of me to not share it.

I want to make sure it is clear that this is NOT an OFFICIAL score. I had a good friend who knows what he is doing put a tape to him and I am very confident he is on the money.

With that said he scores 218 1/8 gross and 212 net.

Again this is a buck that never in my wildest dreams did I think would have my tag on him. Thank you again for allof the congratulations. They are much appreciated!

post-12991-0-71682700-1420653642_thumb.jpg

post-12991-0-04710700-1420653676_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Outstanding! Getting over the 200 inch mark is really freakin cool, especially with a bow! Score or no score you killed a deer of a lifetime. Enjoy your success!

• Like 3

That buck is incredible. I bet you are happy you let droopy live.

Congrats.

Ya. Although I would have been floored to wrap my tag on him as well. He is an incredible buck. Hopefully we can find him again and my Dad can slip an arrow in him!

A friend and myself came to a number of 180 main frame and 8 extra points at 5" each=40" extras = 220 range. Incredible how uniform that buck is, congrats again!

Guess it's time to chase those easy WT now, Jake. BIG congrats!

• Like 1

How many bucks that are this large have been killed south of the ditch on OTC tags??? You may be in very, very lonely company in that respect. Amazing buck, congrats

• Like 1

Definately a fitting name...and one helluva carp! BUT...since this is a scoring thread....was it scored non typical? Can non typical have deductions? If you scored it typical, wouldn't all the splits be deductions? Just curious on how you come up with your number. Again, congrats on a beautiful animal.

It was scored non typical therefore I believe the only deductions come from the typical main frame differences. All the extras are just a bonus. In this case A bonus of just over 41". Someone correct me if so am wrong as I am not an expert!

• Like 1

That's an awesome buck! Congratulations!

What a great buck. Huge congrats!!!