trphyhntr

Have you ever messed up?

Like when you have an opportunity on a buck and instead of doing the right thing you do the wrong thing? Had my opportunity on a buck this morning jogging by, instead of grunting or something I just decide to stand up for no reason at all and all the deer run away. I don't know I had buck fever and just freaked. Was small spindly 4x4 mule deer, but still an Arizona 4x4. Fml

• Like 1

On December 30, my last day to attempt to fill my 2014 archery deer tag, I had a decent 3x3 come in to a tank I was sitting. He came into about 25 yards or so and if I had let him get to the water, he would have been relaxed at 20 yards, quartered away and he wouldn't have seen me draw. Instead, my brilliant hunting mind decided it would be better to draw as he walked behind a bush so I would already be at full draw when he got to the water. As he went behind the bush, I tried to draw but couldn't! The hours of sitting in 25 degree weather had tightened my muscles to the point it took me two attempts to get drawn. As he came out from behind the bush he saw me messing around with my bow and stopped, staring right at me, with only a little bit of his front showing. Fearing he was about to bolt, I set my pin and let it fly. I rushed the shot and stuck it right in his shoulder blade. My arrow only penetrated a few inches and I watched him run off with the vast majority of my arrow flopping as he ran. If only I would have let him get to the water.......

Yep. I had a brain fart in 36c on a non typical double beamed rite side about 10-12 years ago in early rifle season. Got to our glassing spot at the perfect time ,AM. and I found him 140-150 yards below Me.He never saw Me untill I tried to show him to My buddy who was 10 ft. above me and half deaf.(like me) Off he went. I was so shocked 1 minute into glassing I went brain dead. Buck of a lifetime. My Buddy summed it up , He said You could of showed him to Me dead. I still think about it once in a while. Allmost embarrasing story to tell. Wonder if anyone else evr seen him down there. In the foothills behind Kings Anvil.......BOB!

• Like 1

In December I crawled to within 45 yds of a bedded coues buck, then stood up and scared him off.

Took a walk without my bow in ID and proceeded to call a 6 pt bull to within 50 yds.

Belly crawled to 45 yds from a B&C antelope buck and then stood up and my arrow fell of the rest.

There is a sampling. I have more if you are still feeling bad.

I have more if you are still feeling bad.

Give them a call to discuss when a

im feeling a little better

@workman, show yourself. Remember that time we snuck in on the goat when you had the tag and didn't shoot because he was far away, but in reality I think he was like 60 max. Today reminded me of that a little

Stupid iPhone. That last sentence was from a text message I was sending. Don't call me.

im feeling a little better

@workman, show yourself. Remember that time we snuck in on the goat when you had the tag and didn't shoot because he was far away, but in reality I think he was like 60 max. Today reminded me of that a little

Yeah I remember Dick, thanks for binging it back up. he had to have been 50 yards max. I Just completely froze up.

Last day of a mulie hunt years ago in 27, hunted all week with nothing, afternoon of the last day I was cresting a ridge on a gas line road in the jeep. At the top was a heard of around 30, 10 bucks in the group and standing 30 feet in front of me just dumb founded! I cut the engine and we stared at eacchother for a few minutes. Had the gun right next to me. I eased open the door and got out, they were statues at this point lol. Was able to get my gun out and get ready. Ethics f'd me! I just couldn't take the 10 yard shot on the road in the middle of no where where no one would ever know. Oh well. I started talking to them and watched their ears and tails like they were dogs! A few minutes later they ran faster than my 06 could follow.

• Like 2

Last day of a mulie hunt years ago in 27, hunted all week with nothing, afternoon of the last day I was cresting a ridge on a gas line road in the jeep. At the top was a heard of around 30, 10 bucks in the group and standing 30 feet in front of me just dumb founded! I cut the engine and we stared at eacchother for a few minutes. Had the gun right next to me. I eased open the door and got out, they were statues at this point lol. Was able to get my gun out and get ready. Ethics f'd me! I just couldn't take the 10 yard shot on the road in the middle of no where where no one would ever know. Oh well. I started talking to them and watched their ears and tails like they were dogs! A few minutes later they ran faster than my 06 could follow.

Sounds like it would have been a nice ethical clean kill lol