Troy

Pope and Young Bucks

The buck lives up to the story! Thanks for the pics. Great job

Super nice deer! Congrats. To have a buck like that show up where you got him is really sweet! I have hunted that spot for a long time and never seen anything close! 20 miles east yep... 15 miles north yep... But not there! Congrats on a great buck!!!

Super nice deer! Congrats. To have a buck like that show up where you got him is really sweet! I have hunted that spot for a long time and never seen anything close! 20 miles east yep... 15 miles north yep... But not there! Congrats on a great buck!!!

There are still a couple great bucks there.

Just wondering where this buck scores all time? Gotta be the new #1...

He went High 20's for Pope and Young, 3rd or 4th in AZ for both Pope and Young and AZ bow hunting. He would be number 1 SCI for AZ and 2nd for SCI in the world if I enter him.

He went High 20's for Pope and Young, 3rd or 4th in AZ for both Pope and Young and AZ bow hunting. He would be number 1 SCI for AZ and 2nd for SCI in the world if I enter him.

That's awesome Troy, thx for the update! What did your buck officially score and how much was estimated broke off?

230 4/8 net, 238 1/8 gross. He had short main beams so his SCI score will be higher because he would get full spread credit, an extra 2 to 3 inches. So 240/241 SCI, estimated 2 to 6 inches broken off. And he would only be entered as number one In the desert mule deer section. If SCI labled him a Rocky Mountain deer, he would be a lil lower like 3rd or 4th.

Way cool looking forward to seeing the mount all finished up.