Sign in to follow this  
MuggyMan

draw question

Personally, I've only been drawn for my 1st choice 3 times and my 2nd choice one time. Has anyone ever drawn for their 3rd, 4th or 5th choice?

Well, you can only draw your third or 4th choices if there were NOT enough people that applied with their 1st and 2nd choices for that specific hunt to take all of the tags. In other words, you will only draw your third of fourth choice if you put a very undesireable hunt in your 3rd of 4th choices spots. These are hunts that show 100% draw success(meaning for 1st and second choice) on the regs and draw reports.

• Like 1

Well, you can only draw your third or 4th choices if there were NOT enough people that applied with their 1st and 2nd choices for that specific hunt to take all of the tags. In other words, you will only draw your third of fourth choice if you put a very undesireable hunt in your 3rd of 4th choices spots. These are hunts that show 100% draw success(meaning for 1st and second choice) on the regs and draw reports.

What he said!

I always put the same hunt down for all spots for good measure, even though I know that the unit I want will never be drawn as a 3rd-5th choice spot.

Yeah if the hunt is halfway decent it's not going in the third or fourth draw. Really tough cow hunts or limited opportunity hunts are about your only hope for 3rd and 4th pass. And there is a reason people don't want them. In the deer hunts there are plenty of coues tags that you could get in 3rd and 4th pass but why waste the bonus points when you can get them in the left over draw.

I have drawn 4th choice cow elk twice.

Mind sharing which unit(s)?

I'm not after a "premium unit", not after a monster bull. I'm interested in getting drawn as often as possible in a unit with a descent chance of me and my friends filling our tags if I do my homework and scouting. For me it's about being out there, and the hunt itself. Meat in the freezer is nice. And if I tag a really big bull, that's a bonus. I can see having units you like, especially if you find a sweet spot. At the same time, I enjoy learning new units and seeing new country. Thanks for the responses. Keep em coming. Haven't heard anybody who got their 5th choice yet.

I'm not after a "premium unit", not after a monster bull. I'm interested in getting drawn as often as possible in a unit with a descent chance of me and my friends filling our tags if I do my homework and scouting. For me it's about being out there, and the hunt itself. Meat in the freezer is nice. And if I tag a really big bull, that's a bonus. I can see having units you like, especially if you find a sweet spot. At the same time, I enjoy learning new units and seeing new country. Thanks for the responses. Keep em coming. Haven't heard anybody who got their 5th choice yet.

You won't get a bull tag in 3, 4 or 5th choice with the exception if 4b late archery I think occasionally some of those get past the 1,2 draws. Look into limited opp cow hunts (peaks area for instance) if you want to draw for sure.