Sign in to follow this  
JakeL

7 and 9 rifle hunts in October?

Whats the reasoning behind this? How do you guys expect it will change things?

I was pretty surprised when I finally noticed it halfway through my application. I went through with it because I figure with only 2 points I'm basically just donating $13 and getting a bonus point. But I'm curious about why the dates switched and what it will change for the hunt.

Probably not enough G$F officers to patrol all those units at one time....??? Still should be a good hunt....

Conspiracy Theory: I believe it's all based on the Early Muzzleloader Elk hunt in unit 9.

This hunt is before the archery hunt and before the rifle antelope hunt . This has never happened before.

Some big shot in the Dept or a Commissioner has enough points to draw this tag.

So things have been rearranged so they have first Crack on the Monster bulls in 9 with the minimal disturbance to the animals before the hunt begins!

They just threw in unit 7 antelope late as a cover up.

I'm not the only one that believes this!

• Like 2

Hahaha Josiah you are crazy. Somebody just has a chub for smoke poles and thinks they should get first crack. Guess we will find out when the successful applicant list is published.

You crazy guys with tinfoil on your heads.

• Like 2

Lol! FLatlander! It's Sir Royal when we are talking like this! Lol! And I'm just saying what the guys in the know are thinking! Maybe some of us are in the know too!

You actually have to buy that list. So trust me I will! Lol!

This is better than a peak rut hunt. Less broken horn, undisturbed animals. Mark my words there is going to be some huge bulls killed before the archers ever get there!!!

Ding! Ding! This is the hunt of the century.

This is better than a peak rut hunt. Less broken horn, undisturbed animals. Mark my words there is going to be some huge bulls killed before the archers ever get there!!!

Ding! Ding! This is the hunt of the century.

I will not disagree with that. But now the archer's get peak rut. I for one always choose to hunt later in the archery hunt to get better rut activity. This could be a win win.

Conspiracy Theory: I believe it's all based on the Early Muzzleloader Elk hunt in unit 9.

This hunt is before the archery hunt and before the rifle antelope hunt . This has never happened before.

Some big shot in the Dept or a Commissioner has enough points to draw this tag.

So things have been rearranged so they have first Crack on the Monster bulls in 9 with the minimal disturbance to the animals before the hunt begins!

They just threw in unit 7 antelope late as a cover up.

I'm not the only one that believes this!

More fact to this statement than theory!!!

I think you're right on with somebody from the Dept/Commission having first crack at the bulls. Should be interesting to see who drew the Muzz tags...