Sign in to follow this  
jgraffaz

Augest archery\building your own tanks.

After missing a huge couse with my bow last auguest and blowing a few stalks I think I want to sit water this augest and looking for any info on that, I have been thinking about building my own tank away from roads and wondering if this will work? I plan on putting it some where that can collect rain and then adding some more water by packing it in....would a 50 gallon container be enough? Any info will help thanks!

Yes. But if cattle find it, they can drink that dry in a day!

Yes. But if cattle find it, they can drink that dry in a day!

Exactly what I was thinking. Range cattle will decimate your water and your salt if you use that too.

I got a couple of these set up...working great.

Rain Water Collection For Wildlife & Hunting:

I plan on putting it in some wilderness that I have never seen a singlen cow...

You might not be allowed to do that in a wilderness area.

this topic has been discussed on here many times. i can't remember what the verdict has been on the legality of the subject. I don't see anything wrong with it, but it would be a lot of work. water is heavy and awkward to pack. 5-10 gallons could evaporate very quickly

You're not even supposed to Hang a trail camera in the wilderness areas, I would imagine setting up a water catchment in the wilderness would be off limits as well. Why not just just find a seep or spring and hunt that?

You're not even supposed to Hang a trail camera in the wilderness areas, I would imagine setting up a water catchment in the wilderness would be off limits as well. Why not just just find a seep or spring and hunt that?

Because people know about springs and can be found easier

I talked to forest service about this and they said NO. If caught you will face fines such as littering, feeding wildlife (yes forest service has this rule).

Go for it just DON'T get caught.

• Like 4

You might not be allowed to do that in a wilderness area.

Don't ask...don't tell

• Like 1

Go too Olsens grain and buy a plastic drinker 50-100 gallons paint it green and Brown and put it in some trees, the guides flying the unit won't see it and unless someone stubbles on it you can use it for years , 50 gallons up north will last you 4 weeks if there aren't cattle even in the summer months. remember to put a log in it sticking out aways so the birds and rodents can get out ,I wouldn't worry to much about what the forest service and Game and Fish think they really don't stray to far away from there truck.

• Like 1

Please don't wreck wilderness areas for the rest of us. Leave your crap at home not on our puplic land!

Amen to that

• Like 1

After missing a huge couse with my bow last auguest and blowing a few stalks I think I want to sit water this augest and looking for any info on that, I have been thinking about building my own tank away from roads and wondering if this will work? I plan on putting it some where that can collect rain and then adding some more water by packing it in....would a 50 gallon container be enough? Any info will help thanks!

Maybe focus your attention on High Achool AIMS testing instead of "couse" hunting in "auguest".

You have the rest of your life to hunt

maby you should focus on holding down a decent job for you family instead of hunting......why do you assume that I can't be success in school and hunting?