capoeirajosh

Problem with neighbor's dog

Over the past couple of months, we have been having issues with our neighbor's pit bull trying to get over the wall into our yard being very aggressive toward our dogs. The dog will get its front legs up on the wall, with sometimes a back leg as well and start growling and snapping down at our dogs. Honestly, it is quite scary. When this all started, I tried giving the neighbor the benefit of the doubt to try and handle the situation. A few weeks ago I decided to talk to the guy about the problem and express my concerns. Apparently, there is a hill in the corner of his yard that goes about halfway up the guys wall! This is where the dog is getting up every time. He said that he would get on it and move the hill. Between now and then the dog has tried to jump over a handful of times. Today it was again on top of the wall growling and snapping down at our dogs. I confronted the neighbor again and asked him about the hill. He said he would try and get to it this coming weekend. It really sucks not being able to hang out freely in our backyard with our dogs. They are like our children and if that dog got over and attacked them, my wife, or me, I am gonna flip out. Thing is, I don't exactly know what to do about this. Should I call the cops? The guy is enabling his dog to endanger my family. Animal control? How should I handle this? It is getting very frustrating.

Put up an electric fence on top of the wall. I have one that is good for 2 miles around my 3/4 acre, keeps my dogs in and others out. Also make a report to animal control. Document the problem as much as you can. I was an animal control officer here for 4 years and the more documentation you have the better. Before I had my electric fence up on my block wall my neighbors pit bull got in my yard. This depends on the laws of your state and I am not advocating this but I legally shot and killed it. It was on my property attacking my dog and I had documented the problem. Animal control came out and took a report and the body. It sucks an animal has to suffer due to the owners.

Toss a hotdog socked in antifreeze over the wall and let him eat it. I have no use for a dog that bites maybe because I have been on the receiving end of it

• Like 7

Sorry to offend anyone with pit bulls but those in my opinions are trash dogs that in most cases are very aggressive and are widely known for bitting people, and severe attacks. I don't know why so many people have them and gangs idolize them as a symbol of power. Hope things get figured out with the wall situation. If that was my back yard with my own kids playing, put it this way most people really like me, but my neighbor and I will be having yelling matches at his door step if he didn't take down the hill the first day. ( (that's with real children though) with my dogs I would wait and see what he does and like stated above get it on video.

• Like 3

Guest 300ultramag.

i don't care for pits... My sister got two of those monsters and we don't go to her house no more... Yah yah it's all about how the owner brought them up.. Whatever we raised a pit and every dang time she would play fight with my lab the dumb pit would escalate... Proceed with caution

• Like 2

Guest 300ultramag.

My advice is build a containment on your side of the fence so when the thing jumps the fence (from his elevated hill you can hit him with some bear spray

I would get a 12 ga and a baseball bat and enjoy my back yard. If he just gets on the fence help him back over to his own side with the bat. If he gets all the way over use the other option.

• Like 5

Hahahahahaha! These are some great ideas! Thanks everyone. These high class individuals are actually renting the house. We have gotten a hold of the actual homeowner's contact info and are going to give them a call about the matter. We are also looking into adding something on our side of the wall to block the dog.

Hahahahahaha! These are some great ideas! Thanks everyone. These high class individuals are actually renting the house. We have gotten a hold of the actual homeowner's contact info and are going to give them a call about the matter. We are also looking into adding something on our side of the wall to block the dog.

Hmmmm house renters! This is 70% of trash people bounce from house to house, don't care about the house or neighborhood and are the type of people to have a pit bull! The other 20% are people who are saving up to buy a house! and the last 10% are people going to school and working to start their lives and careers. My opinion, but that's what I've noticed.

If they are not part of the 70% then they just have a crappy taste in dogs!

• Like 1

Seriously. The house smells like cat pee, the front yard is a mess. Garbage and tshirts laying around. Just crap.