Sign in to follow this  
CB1

24a elk

does anybody have any info on the first rifle hunt for this unit, know of any bulls taken on this hunt, or opinions in general? anybody hunted it, or know of anyone i can talk to about this hunt? thanks

Scouting is where I would start and yes there are really nice Bulls in the unit and like bonecollector said there was a 400 killed in there and a few others. Good luck

I have got several nice Bulls on camera in the Apache mountains and East side of the unit.

right on you guys, appreciate the info. thank you, are there any guides that know that hunt or have been successful on that hunt you would recommend talking to?

right on you guys, appreciate the info. thank you, are there any guides that know that hunt or have been successful on that hunt you would recommend talking to?

Talk to willhunt4coues on here.

You a little ahead of yourself on getting drawn for that hunt? Good luck

• Like 2

thanks, nope just trying to prepare just in case, should have a good shot at it, but you know how that goes, thanks again.

• Like 1

Funny how the harvest report shows no kills in that unit and yet there are multiple bulls killed in there. AZ really needs to get their crap together and start doing mandatory harvest reporting.

• Like 2

How would mandatory reporting fix that? I think the problem is with AZ hunters. Fill out the dang card ya lazy bums.

• Like 3

Do like New Mexico does. Mandatory. If You don't fill it out they don't let You put in. Some would probly lie tho.................BOB!

• Like 2

How would mandatory reporting fix that? I think the problem is with AZ hunters. Fill out the dang card ya lazy bums.

There have been numerous times that I have not received a card to fill out.....

How could a mandatory reporting "hurt" the process of obtaining more data? Would it be a bad idea?

Like bob said, in NM you can't put in the next year until you fill out a harvest survey. It takes 15 seconds. You could of course lie, but they make you agree that if you lie you can lose your hunting privileges for 5 years. I know there's almost no way they could prove that you lies but atleast there is a little bit of effort put in by them to get accurate data.

• Like 1

I am not against mandatory reporting, I actually support it. In ID they required us to do the same thing, and by a certain date. I just think that AZ hunters should do more to use the system that's in place. It ticks me off that guys have to be told they HAVE to do something that's good for conserva tion. We need to pull out weight.

But, getting back to the topic at hand, let's see some pics of these 24a bulls!