http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20070416/ts_al...un_070416215712

It is very sad what happened in Virginia, and I feel for all affected by this. My condolences to the families and friends.

After saying that they are already blaming guns, every time this happens someone blames the guns. When a murderer runs a car into a group of people they don't blame Chevrolet, when someone stabs someone they don't blame Buck, when someone strangles someone they don't blame the garrote, but if someone is shot lets blame Smith and Wesson. The psychos that do these crimes are the blame and if they would just kill them every time they catch them it would happen a lot less, not the second or third offense for a violent crime, the first strike you die. There would still be some crime, but it would slow down a lot.

Quit blaming the weapon of choice and blame the individual the uses them.

Well said...... it is a dang shame that the Liberal movement stops us from swift justice and capital punishment.....

Our hearts go out to those affected.

You are absolutely right about the attacks on guns. I was watching a report on MSNBC in which a representative from the Brady Campaign was very attimate about having gun control; it will solve problems. They will be out in force and this is a tender time for gun control advocates to take advantage of. It is very scary when things like this happen. Not only for the people who were involved or affected, but also the liberalistic minds that prey on situations like this. Let's point fingers at gun manufacturers, guns are the problem is what they say. The truth of the matter is, Gun Control or not, when someone makes up their mind they are going to do something like this, they will find a way to do it.

It's a scary situation that is going on and will continue to go on. There will undoubtedly be more occurences like this one. It will happen. There are some very sick minded people out there that fall into bad situations where unfortunately, they feel like taking innocent lives will help them to feel better about themselves. Hundreds of people are affected first-handed by this mass murder. Innocent women and men taken down. Why do people do this? Why? It is very saddening to me to hear about what is going on in Virginia. I hope and pray the people affected will find some kind of peace in this troubling time. I hope that guns will not fall as the culprit in this situation. There was a sick, sick, sick minded person who took matters way too far. I cannot imagine the trauma that many people will be faced with for the rest of their lives. It's terrible.

A saying that we should all live by: "A well armed society is a well behaved society". I hate the liberals and anyone who points the finger at the weapon.....these dang things don't think by themselves......it the idiots like this punk today that do the thinking and the acting......very well said Keith!

I agree, but I feel the media is also at fault. Today when I got home I counted four different times someone from Fox said "automatic weapons." Could they have been? Sure, could they have been semi auto? That is where my money is. It's a shame what happened, but more laws never solved anything. But I'm preaching to the choir here.

On another note, there is a rumor going through the sheriffs office that you better snag all the hi cap mags you want, because we may be looking at another assault weapon ban no matter who wins the next election. That rumor has been going on since long before today.

There's an old Christian pastor in flagstaff, named Fred Cashmir, who was raised in Hitler's youth program and fought as a Nazi in WW2. He sometimes gives a lecture about his life, and I have had the privilage of hearing it. After the talk someone asked him if he saw any parellels with whats going on in the world today with what Hitler did. He answered by saying that Hitler was under the control of Satan, and that the things that Hitler did were not unique to Hitler but instead consistant with the evil power of Satan. And that from time to time throughout history these horrible things have flared up and will continue to flare up in various places throughout the world.

When I see these massacre episodes, I think about what Dr. Cashmir said and realize that the Evil One has his hand in them. Sure there are physical, chemical, and physological reasons for why people wig out. Sure this guy in Virginia was a nut, but think about Columbine - two nuts in the same high school capable of what they did? The social experts and shrinks can study these things all they want; but realizing that there is a force of evil in the world that wants nothing more than to kill, destroy, and rob the human soul from reconciling with a Holy God, is the only possible explanation that makes any real sense of such things.

Mike

I would hate to live in a society where the only people with guns are the police, the military, and the criminals.

People just don't understand that THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA WAS FOUNDED UNDER THE DIRECTION OF GOD! END OF STORY! There is no debate. Our forefathers were directed by GOD when they wrote the constitution. IF WE AS CITIZENS LIVE RIGHTEOUSLY we will have the blessings of God......if we don't this great nation will FALL! Does there need to be laws....yes and there are......do they need to be inforced? YES.....and most gun laws are NOT! There is a saying and I'm sure most of us have heard it......if guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns. There has been study after study after study......violent lawbreakers fear armed citizens. Violent lawbreakers don't get their guns legally! And if you, we or anybody keeps law abiding citizens from having guns......we soon become a society that is run by unrighteous evil people......and tyrants will rule the weak and unarmed!

Here's a little quote that I just love......and for anyone that doesn't believe in teaching your kids to do whats right and to HONOUR GOD.....you better rethink what your teaching!

Watch your thoughts; they become words.

Watch your words; they become actions.

Watch your actions; they become habits.

Watch your habits; they become character.

Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.

--Frank Outlaw

I just saw an internet poll on fox 10 news that asked if people thought we should have tighter gun laws. 87% said no 13% said yes.

That's what I am talking about...

Now we need to work on that 13%

Truthfully I am surprised that Fox hasn't pulled the poll......that is completely swinging against what they wanted I'm sure.

Has anyone here on the site ever lived out side the country.....say Europe, Australia to see the differences?

It was Illigal to have a gun on campus anyway. So why in the heck do they think Gun control would work. Unbelievable. I've heard on the radio a couple people interviewed said they "wondered if someone other than the gunman had a gun WOULD it have turned out different"......

Buckhorn

I hate to be a pessimist, but I think with the democratic congress, and a good chance of a new democrat president, and this sad event that the anti's will use as leverage, new gun legislation will be rammed down our throat. I'm going to be placing an order for a new AR15 in the next few days, as I think an "assault weapon ban", worse than the one in 1993, will be the first thing they do. I already have two AR15s, but I have two boys and I want to pass one on to each of them, and keep one for myself.

Of course this won't help if they pass a total ban and collect them like Australia did. I heard that the Australians were saying that this wouldn’t have happened if the United States had a total ban like Australia did. What they failed to mention is that the crime rate went up in Australia after they collected all the guns from the honest people.

Mark