Sign in to follow this  
kidso

Any Fresh Bear Sign Reports while Shedding?

Hi. I am always "data" collecting on bears each spring from shed hunters. Please add on and report if you make any bear sightings or come across any fresh signs or scat. It will be interesting to see if the bears start coming out from dens sooner this year with the warmer weather. Mind you, some of our bears get by without denning at all, and some have probably popped out already.

My dad, son, nephew, and I will be heading out this weekend in 24A. I will keep you informed. The water tank I have watched for years usually has 5 to 7 bears using it a t this time of year. Can onkly see 50 yards or so, so That will make for a hard glassing spot...LOL. Good luck.

Went out calling for bear this morning. Put in a lot of time scouting for fresh sign. I was kind of shocked to not come across any. No sheds either, but not that I have ever found any while out for spring bear. It was a perfect day though!

• Like 2

Sniper, you need to post the story about that cat you are hugging there! I am not sure I ever read about it!

Sniper, you need to post the story about that cat you are hugging there! I am not sure I ever read about it!

Keith, it is in the archives from Aug 2012....basically, I was archery deer hunting in a tree stand. Just at the end of the day, here comes Mr lion, who is also deer hunting. He is sitting, facing my direction and I am waiting for a shot. I can't wait any longer, so I start to draw back and then Mr lion gives me a broadside shot at 40 yards. I hit the lion and he jumps straight up in the air and takes off. I almost fell out of the tree I was so excited! After a long search (in the dark that night and in the light the next morning) I find him. It was in tough, thick country and the blood trail was difficult. Should be getting him back in the next week or so with a life size mount.

• Like 6

in 23n last week- i saw one bear,one muley still with antlers,one whitetail doe,a few dozen turkeys but not one single elk or shed. i don't know how shed hunter and his wife do it!?!?!?

• Like 1

in 23n last week- i saw one bear,one muley still with antlers,one whitetail doe,a few dozen turkeys but not one single elk or shed. i don't know how shed hunter and his wife do it!?!?!?

Holy finds all the sheds, because she is part SHED/ANTLER!

• Like 1

so it's my parent's fault- i wasn't bred right!!! i KNEW it! whatever it is, she's good! no matter what, a day getting skunked in the woods is always better than a day at work.

Hey don't group me in that topic. LOL My wife is a machine. I honestly hunt very hard but in no way shape or form can I hang with her. She has it down to a science. She has her hunting season and I have mine. Perfect marriage. I could not be more blessed to have a beautiful wife who shed hunts as hard as she does. Very proud husband
  • Like 1