Sign in to follow this  
maximus

Bullets question

i posted a question about Hornady Amax in a different thread, currently i'm reloading for my 300 win mag with 180 grain sierra gamekings, haven't found a load that i like and was looking to try a heavier bullet.

my question is, which of this bullets should i reload?

200 grain gamekings.

208 Amax,

210 Berger VLD hunting.

thank you and appreciate all the opinions.

I posted in your other thread as well, I shoot a 300 win mag and my best group to date has been with the 210 Bergers, however I have excellent results with the .208 Amax and they are a lot more affordable than some of the other choices. So far my rifle really likes the 200 to 210 selection of bullets, of course every rifle is different. Don't get hung up with muzzle velocity, these heavier bullets are awesome out of .30 Cal.

Chances are the bullet isn't the problem. Have you tried a different powder or primers? Is the rifle bedded and barrel floated? In my experience if the bullets in the green box (Sierra) don't shoot you got a problem somewhere. If given the choice though I will always choose a Berger over anything else.

Stomp,

the rifle is good, i have one load with 180's that groups good but i wanted to try a heavier bullet.

I shoot the accubond LR's and have nothing but good to say about them. They shoot really good and perform great on big game

• Like 1