firstcoueswas80

Favorite part of hunting?

Among the lines of some of the topic Doug posts, what is your favorite part of the hunt?

of course the squeezing the trigger is up there, but my absoluete favorite part is after a hard day of hunting, sitting around the campfire with a full belly and a cocktail in hand sitting aroound telling stories. One guy i used to hunt with especially, he has hunted many many many places, and has killed sme very nice bucks. he has some great stories and i love talking to them, no matter how many times i have heard them.

being out there with my dad, both of us behind our binoculars BS'in on the hill side for hours on end is what i love to do! i love spending time with my pops and hunting. weather or not we harvest doesnt matter (well, to me it kinda is) but if dad and i have a good time with each other, i am happy! we have some really in depth conversations about life, love, school, things we dont normally talk about and i really love that!

what about you guys? i imagine most of you will say about the same thing and thats good!

For me the favorite part about the hunt is getting onto my perch watching the stars disappear with the sun peaking over the mountain tops. Just sitting there watching this talking to my dad about what we will find in the days to come and what we wish will happen. Nothing better than getting to spend time like that with your dad.

The best part of hunting to me is finding Critters! It does not matter if we are elk huntin' and spot a big buck..... we stop and "gawk" at it for a bit and then ressume lookin' for the elk. I just live for seeing good critters..... I even love having a doe and a fawn walk by me at 12 yds.... it just gets my blood flowing! :D

And of course there is nothing like spending time in the woods with family and friends..... sharing those memories that span a life time. Priceless. :D

Hunting with the ol' man has to be top for me. We like the challenge of hunting, and figuring out how to hunt an area. Some reason when hunting for countless days I look forward to a nap at noon, it really helps energize me for the evening hunts. Another favorite for me would be the BS around the campfire every night. Also gotta love the beer and whiskey that goes along with a big camp. ;)

Like Coues 'n' Sheep I love just finding critters. Being right in the middle of the deers living room and having them not know you there while watching them go about their business is awesome to me.

Also shareing that experience with friends and family, and introducing someone to the sport or a new spot, shareing knowledge is rewarding to me.

AAAHH.....this is too darn mushy....... Forget about yer Pops...he's just competition on the hunt as far as I'm concerned! You always have to find it first, shoot it first, and then no matter what.....you have to clean it and pack it out.......Where's the fun in that?

just kidding :P

It wont be the same when Pops aint' around ;)

and then no matter what.....you have to clean it and pack it out

ya got that part right on the head! there NO doubt about that! trust me lol!!

but heck, when im with you i gotta pack it out to! guess that part just takes a REAL man ;)

and then no matter what.....you have to clean it and pack it out

ya got that part right on the head! there NO doubt about that! trust me lol!!

but heck, when im with you i gotta pack it out to! guess that part just takes a REAL man ;)

Or somebody dumb enough to volunteer :P

Somebody had to do it... and ya dont send a boy to do a mans job, so thats why i took over the job ;)

Is that why we had to add about 40 pounds of rocks so your pack could weigh the same as mine

fourty pounds of rock while packing out a coues? :lol:

I really like the stalk. Even if I blow it right away, or just before I draw its been great. Although just being out there is good enough for me.

Somebody had to do it... and ya dont send a boy to do a mans job, so thats why i took over the job ;)

Is that why we had to add about 40 pounds of rocks so your pack could weigh the same as mine

Dude, when are you gonna get over your pack weight? not my fault im smarter and dont carry so much crap.

For me, the preperation for the hunt; scouting, range work, going over maps, etc...is a big part of my fun. It prolongs the experience from a 5 day hunt into summer long adventure.

MINE IS SPENDING TIME TEACHING MY KIDS AND SEE THIER FACES LIGHT UP WHEN IT ALL COMES TOGETHER

This pretty well sums up my answer.