firstcoueswas80

Favorite part of hunting?

Its just hte fact that I carried everything for the client. All his extra clothes, food, water, binos and everything else.

There is a name for that

......SUKKA!

:lol:

For me, the preperation for the hunt; scouting, range work, going over maps, etc...is a big part of my fun. It prolongs the experience from a 5 day hunt into summer long adventure.

I couldn't agree more. A hunt is an adventure that begins long before opening day. The things I get to see and the knowlege I gain is what keeps me returning for more. I've spent most of my time hunting alone. There's something to be said about being on the mountain with nobody around for miles. I also enjoy hunting with friends and can't wait to take my kids.

th way i see it im already packin around a 6'4" 225 lb frame, with a 40 lb pack! man and i think casey knows how i feel about this one ;)

For me its being out in the hills away from it all...Including the wife and kids ;)

Terry, hunting keeps me sane! when i am glassing for deer, thats all i am thinking about. not school, or work, or how much or little money i have. just hunting and finding a buck!

Terry, hunting keeps me sane! when i am glassing for deer, thats all i am thinking about. not school, or work, or how much or little money i have. just hunting and finding a buck!

Thats another reason way I love hunting. Puts my mind at ease and I foget about all my other wories.

Thats what Iam talking about....Like my buddy Leroy always says (A guy just needs to get lost in the woods every now and then) Thats what works for me ;)

I think every hunt can have something completely different, for the young and the beginners it can be the first time they spot something on their own, all the way up to when they harvest an animal, or it can be helping a friend or family member on a hunt.

I lost my dad a few years ago and when I am hunting I still feel the connection with my dad, as you guys have said there is no work or worries it is just you and nature and for me great memories.

My kids are getting a little older and I have a feeling my favorite is going to change real soon when its them I am hunting with and helping out.

Just getting out there is the best part to me but, When I have worked my tail off and that big ole whatever steps out and I finally get him. That is the ultimate rush for me.

i think my favorite part of hunting is walking up to a downed animal that you just hunted the heck out of and finally got him down. its like the cherry on top of a sundae. all the hard work,sacrifice, and emotion that leads up to that moment seems to mold into a indescribable feeling of jubilation.

........ring..ring................."You were drawn for.....ELK........you were drawn for hunt number...."

I remember hearing that once...............I think that was almost a bigger rush than actually harvesting the critter! ;) JIM>

Among the lines of some of the topic Doug posts, what is your favorite part of the hunt?

of course the squeezing the trigger is up there, but my absoluete favorite part is after a hard day of hunting, sitting around the campfire with a full belly and a cocktail in hand sitting aroound telling stories. One guy i used to hunt with especially, he has hunted many many many places, and has killed sme very nice bucks. he has some great stories and i love talking to them, no matter how many times i have heard them.

being out there with my dad, both of us behind our binoculars BS'in on the hill side for hours on end is what i love to do! i love spending time with my pops and hunting. weather or not we harvest doesnt matter (well, to me it kinda is) but if dad and i have a good time with each other, i am happy! we have some really in depth conversations about life, love, school, things we dont normally talk about and i really love that!

what about you guys? i imagine most of you will say about the same thing and thats good!

You hit it right on the nail, me to. Dad's 77 and every moment sitting on a hill side with him is another memory.

my favorite part is finding out - 'you were not drawn for A, you were not drawn for B, you were not drawn for C' - NOT - so much for opportunity.

seriously, there are several things I enjoy about hunting. one is the challenge. I am a competitive person by nature and the challenge of hunting these little deer is addicting. finding a good buck and successfully harvesting him is like winning the game.

one of the others is similar to what others have mentioned, getting away from it all. after being away for a couple of hours, all the worries of life are left behind. when I am gone I miss my family and think of them often but the ability to get away from the rest of it is great. like casey said, when I am sitting behind my binos, I am locked in and focused on trying to find bucks.

finally, I tend to eat better when I am out in the field than when I am home :o (dont let my wife read this).