Sign in to follow this  
az300wby

Muzzleloader Unit 10 bull hunt

Did anyone draw the muzzleloader bull elk tag in unit 10 last year? Not looking for any honey holes! Just wondering how the hunt went and any advice is welcomed. (I am not a pro at hunting elk in november) I am hoping that my credit hit was for this hunt.

Thanks George.

we had two tags on this hunt last year, out of 25. this year there is 150..... it was an awesome hunt to get away from people for once last year and actually never saw another hunter. we had shots from 60 yards to 220 and only took one bull. with the increase in people if you find a way to get away from them its a lot of fun.

Depending on weather, I would look at the " Big Bo " Worth the $60.00

post-10954-0-53790300-1427474864_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

the big bo sucks for the late rifle bull hunt tons of people everywhere!!!!!!

Great!!?? :angry: I think thats where I got drawn this year. :huh: :huh:

murfys69law im not trying to make you have second thoughts, I had a 10 late bull tag last year and was in there, I did get a bull but I had to work sooo hard for it which I was fine with. however I saw about 5 other hunters every day (and I was hiking about 10 to 15 miles a day)and most of the other people I saw didn't mind messing up other peoples hunts, I meet some really nice people to but you have to work hard in there, that's awesome if you got drawn though! I hope I got drawn for it again haha.

The Big Bo is pretty Big ! I have actually had some of my best hunts when there is other hunters moving game all day. With the proper optics, I have watched other hunters walk right by game, and push them in my direction. Just my opinion. Also have meet alot of great folks.

post-10954-0-69993300-1427500087.jpg

• Like 1

Entire hunt + 1 or 2 days, I forget. Go to their website. I believe the ranch opens in aug so you can scout. Drew it in 2012 early rifle and was done at 7:30 opening day. Also $60.00 for each friend or family member with you.

murfys69law im not trying to make you have second thoughts, I had a 10 late bull tag last year and was in there, I did get a bull but I had to work sooo hard for it which I was fine with. however I saw about 5 other hunters every day (and I was hiking about 10 to 15 miles a day)and most of the other people I saw didn't mind messing up other peoples hunts, I meet some really nice people to but you have to work hard in there, that's awesome if you got drawn though! I hope I got drawn for it again haha.

No..I understand that. I have been talking to friends that had that tag 2 years in a row and they both got nice bulls. 5x5 and a 340 6x6. The problem they said was USO outfitters giving them crap. Telling them, this is our area and were are hunting here. I guess USO thinks because they put in for that area they own it. They just ignored them and killed nice bulls which they said they worked for as well. If everyone remembers, USO was the outfitter that sued AZGFD years ago to try to make them give more NR tags and WE WON...hahahaha USO. Ty shedcrazy...i am totally excited about a tag..been 8 years...woot woot