Sign in to follow this  
Becker

Mule Deer

Haven't posted any taxidermy pics in awhile. Here's a nice clean velvet mule deer thought you all would like to see.

post-553-0-62972000-1427502787_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

Beautiful mount of a sweet buck! Not sure if I've ever seen better work done on velvet antlers then yours. Great job!

Thx for the compliments guys. The biggest factor on velvet is "HANDS OFF". Don't touch it. As hard as it is be super gentle and try not to handle it. Everytime you touch/grab it you mash down the velvet hair and there is no way to get it to stand back up. Just FYI if you want nice velvet antlers on your mount don't touch 😜

• Like 3

Wow I had no idea that you weren't supposed to touch that is good to know....I have ready that if you shoot a velvet buck you should inject farmaldih into the antlers and "paint it on the outside so I bought some and acquired some seringes and needls...should I inject farmaldih if I shoot a velvet buck or not?

Holy cow. Nicely done!!! Wish I would have taken my coues from a couple years back to you.

^^^^ we can always redo it!!! 😜

Wow I had no idea that you weren't supposed to touch that is good to know....I have ready that if you shoot a velvet buck you should inject farmaldih into the antlers and "paint it on the outside so I bought some and acquired some seringes and needls...should I inject farmaldih if I shoot a velvet buck or not?

i might be wrong, but unless you are packed waaay in and can't get the antlers cold, do not attempt the formaldehyde injections. get those velvet antlers cold, preferably frozen, asap