1shot

S&W 500....SOLD

Can whomever bought this tell us how bad the recoil is on this without the muzzle break?

RIGHT! Ya I sold my 8" 44mag cuz 6 shots always hurt my wrist. L.O.L.

They are not that bad for recoil, its just the powder burns and blood spots on your face, I traded mine for another sig.

• Like 1

I as the lucky one that ended up with the 500. To begin with, let me say this is truly an awesome firearm and 1shot was a great guy to deal with.

The day I got the 500, I took it out and shot 8 rounds through it. The recoil is manageable, but can be unforgiving. If you have a good grip/hold of it and good stance, it is not bad. However, I could tell that a new shooter or someone not focused on what they were doing, could drop the gun or take a hit to the forehead.

I felt no burn or spray from the weapon. However, my wife was amazed at the pressure and how loud the gun was.

I was rushed for time, so I only fired 8 rounds. Yet, after 8 rounds my hand/wrist/arm was still intact. On the way home, I did notice a little soreness between thumb and trigger finger, but faded within minutes.

I own 22/380/9mm/45/357/ and 44 mag, and of course none of them compare to the pure power of the 500. With that being said, not a gun I would take out for a day at the range. However, as noted above, manageable with the possibility to be unforgiving. On a side note, I did not one-hand this pistol.

• Like 1

I hope it helped. As for an actual bear gun, let me add this. I would have two concerns 1) time back to target 2) ability to fire it one handed. But that's just me. Hit him with the first shot and don't worry about 1 and 2.

• Like 1

I cannot imagine the little short barrel with no porting. O-o

Judging my the tree video it sure should stop the bear on 1st accurate shot. :) and the fail video is just for fun.

• Like 1

Lol. The Very reason I didn't one hand this one. But thank you, I believe those highlight my points. Good grip/ stance it is great. Lack of knowledge (not that I know anything) or lack of attention it could go wrong real fast.

• Like 1